console output from jexl block

Dhiman Karmakar

Apr 18, 2014, 11:08:34 AM4/18/14
to scrip...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

SFTB.

I would like to write to console from the jexl block. If I use System.out.println, the jexl parser throws an error. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Dhiman

Fyodor Kupolov

Apr 22, 2014, 9:34:50 PM4/22/14
to scrip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dhiman,

I didn't find a simple way to invoke Java statics from JEXL. As a workaround I suggest to use ClassUtils from EtlVariable:
    <script connection-id="jexl">
        class:forName('java.lang.System').out.println("Message goes here");
    </script>

I thought about adding logging support directly in the EtlVariable by returning a java.util.logging.Logger instance. I was wondering if you are interested in that feature?

Best Regards,
Fyodor

Dhiman Karmakar

May 13, 2014, 11:12:06 AM5/13/14
to scrip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fyodor. It worked.

It would be a good feature to include logging.

Regards
Dhiman

Nitish Kumar

Dec 11, 2019, 5:23:34 AM12/11/19
to Scriptella ETL

Hi All,

Do we have the option to log values on the template using native commands and without using Script tags?

Fyodor Kupolov

Dec 11, 2019, 2:03:32 PM12/11/19
to Scriptella ETL
Unfortunately no. If you don't mind, can you please submit a request at https://github.com/scriptella/scriptella-etl/issues ?