Best place to start contributing?

Andrew Roberts

Jun 18, 2014, 5:12:32 AM6/18/14
to script...@googlegroups.com
I'm fairly well along in the process of learning node and now looking for a real-world project to cut my teeth on. Scripted, being something I've been using day-to-day, looks like a great place to start. I've had a read through all of the docs on github. Which issue would be a good one to get started on?

P.S. Bit of love for Scripted: I was very excited to find such a sleek editor that runs on the funkiness that is node! Scripted has got all of the features that I've been looking for and more and I look forward to getting to know it inside out!

Andrew Clement

Jun 19, 2014, 4:14:18 PM6/19/14
to script...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately the original team that created it isn't finding much time to work on it at the moment. A shame, I know, I really liked working on it - the full on dogfooding of using scripted to develop scripted really helped shape it nicely, and I was really proud of the 'dark theme' :). However, we are still processing pull requests for anyone contributing to it. This also extends to the issues I'm afraid which we haven't been keeping up to date with - but I guess that might mean if you look at more recent issues there may be some easier ones to pick off.

cheers,
Andy