What's the use of start/stop button in the top right corner?

Emac Shen

Apr 3, 2013, 1:10:51 AM4/3/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
Hi, there

I'm playing with Scripted 0.4.0 built from master branch on a Mac laptop. On the top right corner, there's a start/stop button. When I click it, a log is printed in console like,

Now serving /Users/.../workshop/scripted on http://localhost:8000

But http://localhost:8000 is not accessible. Is this a feature in development?

Thanks.

Emac Shen

Apr 3, 2013, 1:33:01 AM4/3/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
All of sudden, after quite a while, eventually the http://localhost:8000 site is alive and I can see the static files. Please ignore this post. Thanks.

在 2013年4月2日星期二UTC-7下午10时10分51秒,Emac Shen写道:

Andrew Clement

Apr 3, 2013, 11:09:48 AM4/3/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
I know you have it working now but I thought I'd mention that you can read up on it in the Scripted 0.4 release notes here:

It is a built in server with live reload integrated - to exploit the live reload you need to include a script tag in your html (shown in the release notes, see the 'integrated server' bit).

The directory of your project that is served is also configurable via the .scripted file - again see the release notes for more info.

I'm surprised it is taking a while, it starts quite quickly for me, I wonder what's up.

cheers,
Andy

Musical Shore

Aug 13, 2013, 5:16:32 PM8/13/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
I am not so lucky in getting localhost:8000 to serve my page. I included the livereload script tag, but that didn't fix anything, (although I don't think I even need that unless I want my changes to be reflected in real time)

I tried telnet localhost 8000 and it is unable to connect, so I don't even think the servlet is running, but according to scripted, it is.

Any ideas? I'm running OS X Lion/Chrome