Re: need help

Ekaterina Kamenskaya

Nov 17, 2011, 5:05:22 AM11/17/11
to Mani Mekalai, script...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mani,

I am happy to help you run script-cover and modify it.

What is your current setup? Could you, please, describe it a little bit? For example, your OS (Windows, Linux, Mac?).
You should be able to use build.py file. In locally downloaded script-cover directory (cd to that directory where you have build.py file), run command "python build.py", and it will download all required libraries and build script-cover. But for that your system should have python, svn client and java already.
Some information on building the project is at http://code.google.com/p/script-cover/wiki/Building. If you have issues, I can guide you through them.

Basically when you make changes to the code of script-cover, then you run this command "python build.py". After that in Chrome browser (chrome://settings/extensions) you "load unpacked extension" from just generated directory "build".

I was able to use script-cover with Selenium, but it very much depends on how you run your tests, etc. By now script-cover is not so well integrated into Selenium WebDriver framework, but this is our high priority goal.
How do you run your Selenium tests (e.g. on local machine, on remote machine?). Can you run your tests on Chrome browser?

Thank you,
Ekaterina

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Mani Mekalai <meka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hai ekamenskaya,

 I need to integrate the script-cover to Selenium... is it possible?.
I have downloaded the source of the script-cover.. i want to made some changes and see the output in my browser. how to run the script-cover my own set up??

Thanks & Regards
manimekalai.S

astrobart

Nov 21, 2011, 11:12:47 AM11/21/11
to script-cover
Hi Ekaterina,

I've downloaded and played with script-cover since last Friday. I must
say I like it a lot. Today I built it successfully on Mac OS X Lion.

We have several large Selenium-based testsuites, with the Selenese
hidden behind our own DSL, so we can program testcases in Java against
that DSL.

I am looking to integrate script-cover with these testsuites to
provide coverage info that can be fed back to the testers and
developers to give them a sense where missed testcases are to be
found.

I will keep you up to date as I find things out.

We use Selenium locally on the dev machines (usually from within
Netbeans or IntelliJ), use it remotely from Jenkins (ci), and run it
in the cloud using Sauce Labs.

All the best,

Gert-Jan