Openamazooglething

jalien

Apr 20, 2010, 9:51:55 AM4/20/10
to Scriblio
I'm trying to get this running on wpmu 2.9.2 and I'm not sure how to
even check if I have it set up correctly. I seem to have Scriblio
working fine, I did a test with an openbook shortcode to bring in the
data for one book, but have no idea how the Openamazooglething plugin
should work to bring in data for another book.

I made a api-key.php with my AWS keys and install ZendFramework with
gdata and ran the InstallerChecker.php from amazon and everything
passed there. I also ran one of the demo apps from GData and it ran
fine. What should the path to Gdata libraries actually point to? I
am using opensuse and inside the /usr/share/php5/Zend folder is a
GData folder and GData.php. Would it be correct to have the path to /
usr/share/php5/Zend?

If that is correct if I just add the isbn into either the isbn or asin
category areas should the rest of the data be populated by the plugin?

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Also has anyone used Scriblio with a user review system, I'm trying to
get a small extensive reading library online for elementary school
students and a simple to use interface with lots of pictures (ie book
covers) would be best to encourage them to do reviews / ratings of the
books they read.

Thanks again.

Casey Bisson

Apr 20, 2010, 2:23:50 PM4/20/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com

At the moment the Openamazooglething plugin won't allow you to add new records (though it should and will soon), it just enriches records added via other means.

I'll be taking Sciblio 2.9 and a number of components like the Marcish scema and Openamazooglething out of beta soon.

jalien

Apr 23, 2010, 8:09:05 AM4/23/10
to Scriblio
Thanks for the reply and for the plugins. I'm looking forward to
giving them a try.