First scriblio catalog in Austria

Daniel Formanek

Feb 13, 2010, 6:18:47 PM2/13/10
to Scriblio
Hello to everybody!

The University Library of the Medical University of Vienna used
scriblio for a catalog for students. We put the whole content for
their exams into this catalog.

http://ub.meduniwien.ac.at/wpopac/welcome

Visit us!

Best regards

defo

Casey Bisson

Feb 16, 2010, 11:55:02 PM2/16/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
Very nice!

Casey Bisson

Feb 17, 2010, 12:08:59 AM2/17/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com

Defo,

Can you say more about how this came to be? You all did very nice work.

--Casey

Daniel Formanek

Apr 12, 2010, 12:36:39 PM4/12/10
to Scriblio
Dear Casey,

Sorry for my late answere.

We wanted to create a web 2.0 catalog (service) for our students.
Scriblio was the right "tool" for creating an individual catalog in a
very easy way.
Scriblio allowed us to create a catalog for our needs, the needs of
the students.
For us it was very important to know , what our students really need.
Do they really need all the web 2.0 stuff or not.
We will get a new catalog or search engine in the future, so we need
to know what they want.
We also have a lot of e-books and so we searched for a better way to
show them to our students. We hope the usage will accelerate.

Scriblio is very nice, because it allows the combination of different
plugins to create a own version that fits.
(for example 5 star ranking, views per post, social bookmarking and a
lot more)

So thanks to you for scriblio.

Defo