Compatibility with 2.9.2

markcbain

Feb 24, 2010, 5:48:23 AM2/24/10
to Scriblio
I came across this plugin a few days ago, and got very excited,
because it seems to be just what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, it's
not working in my installation of Wordpress 2.9.2. Bah!
I'm working on a site for sharing lesson plans amongst teachers, and
navigation is the key development issue - faceted browse and search is
the answer.
So I'm waiting with baited breathe for an announcement that Scriblio
is 2.9.2 ready!
Congratulations on the work so far.

Casey Bisson

Feb 24, 2010, 7:20:41 AM2/24/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for taking a look!

Scriblio works in 2.9.2 for me, but there are a few other reasons why you might be having trouble making it work for your application. I'm trying to address those in my development now*, as collections like the one you describe are increasingly important uses of Scrib for me.

Can you say more about what facets you expect and what problems you've encountered so far? I'm working on stuff now and looking for use cases to develop to.

* see these for more:
--Casey

Mark Bain

Feb 24, 2010, 12:13:29 PM2/24/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for responding!
OK, so it wasn't doing what it was supposed to because I hadn't added enough records - my bad. Now it's looking much better! I'm adding more records and will let you know how it all turns out. Things are appearing as they should.
I've found it helps greatly to limit the number of facets which appear on the posts page - perhaps the default setting could be fewer, say three or four, to prevent confusion for the non-librarian user?
Hopefully, this will turn out well, and you'll have another example of a site running Scriblio (non-library)

Mark Bain
www.markcbain.com

Casey Bisson

Mar 4, 2010, 2:41:09 PM3/4/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

Care to share a link to the site you're working on? I'd be interested in seeing it.

--Casey

Mark Bain

Mar 4, 2010, 2:58:12 PM3/4/10
to scriblio
Sure, no problem, with the usual provisos (work in progress, lot still to do, not ready for public, etc, etc...) That said, you're welcome to mention it in your discussions, because I'd love any feedback.
http://markcbain.com/lessonstream/browse-13/
 I have to say I'm really happy to have come across your plugin(s). It's exactly what my "client" was looking for. There are limited posts and entries, so you don't get the full effect, but if you click on Jamie then Prepositions, then B2, you get a good idea.
As more and more people look to WP as a CMS (or even LMS), this is something needed in the WP core. Any plans to put it forward as such?
Anyway, I'll keep you posted on developments, and when the finished site is live you're welcome to add it to your list of implementations.
Keep up the good work.

Casey Bisson

Mar 16, 2010, 6:23:33 PM3/16/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com, Mark Bain
Mark,

I like where that site is going. Thank you for sharing.

I just posted a message to the Scriblio group about recent updates that will (hopefully) improve the functionality of Scriblio for your use.

--Casey