Scriblio in Czech

1 view

klara

Apr 25, 2010, 4:55:51 PM4/25/10
to Scriblio
Hi there,

I am starting a project of getting a small (200+) mothersgroup library
available on our website. there is no electronic catalogue for the
library yet, so I am thinking about entering all the data manually.
Our website is powered by WordPress and Scriblio seemed to me as a
friendly plugin to use for this.

I am in the Czech Republic, so I would need to have the user interface
in Czech language for our readers. (I do not expect a Czech user
interface to already exist or does it?) Could anyone give me
instructions, how this could be done? I have noticed Scribio has
already been used in Spanish and Chinese, perhaps authors of these
implementations could help?

Any experience with using Scriblio for a small library and entering
the data manually?

Thanks.

Klara

jalien

Apr 27, 2010, 12:41:43 PM4/27/10
to Scriblio
I found the best /.easiest way to translate any plugin is to use the
"codestyling localization" plugin. IIt will let you translate any
plugin or theme that is localized (and if Scriblio is already in other
languages then it is). Another plugin that allows you to do this is
"wpml" which provides for a fully bilingual environment. Codestyling
though helps you as you click on a button to use Google translate to
translate, then you simply need to fix that translation. Once your
finished you will have an .mo file (the Czech translation) in your
Scriblio folder on your server that you can provide to the developer
so others can use Scriblio in Czech as well. I hope this helps.

David

klara

Apr 27, 2010, 4:26:41 PM4/27/10
to Scriblio
Hi David,

That sounds cool. I will try it this way of translating the user
interface and let you know how it went.

Thank you heaps.

Klara