Scriblio, III, and WebPac Pro

Michael Davidson

Feb 26, 2010, 1:15:47 PM2/26/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious to know if the III connector is affected at all by the presence of WebPac Pro.  I'm guessing not, but thought I'd put it out there.

In case a random Googler is interested, here is how an item (the same item) is displayed in different webpacs:

III demo standard webpac:
http://standalone.iii.com:5630/record=1366828

III demo webpac pro:
http://standalone.iii.com:5631/record=1366828

Our standard webpac:
http://lola.plymouth.edu/record=1187949

Thanks,
Mike

Casey Bisson

Mar 1, 2010, 1:45:53 AM3/1/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com, scri...@googlegroups.com

I haven't tried, but I'd be interested in hearing what happens if you point the connector at it.

Care to try?

Sent from my iPhone

Michael Davidson

Mar 8, 2010, 11:21:07 AM3/8/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
I checked out the Collingswood, NJ library's implementation of Scriblio.  Their underlying catalog is WebPac Pro.  Like I figured, it works fine.

An item in Scriblio: http://collingswoodlib.org/library/46908/samaritan/

The item in WebPac Pro: http://iii.camden.lib.nj.us/record=1286466

Shows that it is, indeed, WebPac Pro: http://iii.camden.lib.nj.us/search

(I don't know how many Innovative libraries have WebPac Pro, but it seems like an add-on that became standard equipment--like AM/FM radio or power windows.)

Mike