Koha & Scriblio

Nicole Engard

Feb 15, 2010, 3:30:43 PM2/15/10
to Scriblio
Hi all,

Has anyone started working on the connectors for Koha to Scriblio - or
has anyone successfully implemented Scriblio on top of Koha?

Thanks
Nicole C. Engard
Koha Documentation Manager

Casey Bisson

Feb 16, 2010, 11:52:44 PM2/16/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
Nicole,

I haven't done any work on a connector, but I see some interesting opportunities there. Any chance there's Jangle support?

--Casey

Nicole Engard

Feb 17, 2010, 7:11:36 AM2/17/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com, staff
Not that I know of - but that doesn't meant there can't be by Koha 3.4
- where we could also have a live Scriblio OPAC on top of a Koha
install :)

I'll put in an enhancement request for Jangle Support

Nicole

Ross Singer

Feb 17, 2010, 10:27:56 AM2/17/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
There isn't Jangle support (yet) in Koha, but I believe there's DLF
ILS-DI support:

http://www.biblibre.com/blog/entry/sopac-koha-and-ws

Of course, either way, support needs to be hacked into Scriblio, too.

-Ross.

Nicolas Morin

Feb 18, 2010, 3:42:28 AM2/18/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Ross Singer <rossf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There isn't Jangle support (yet) in Koha, but I believe there's DLF
> ILS-DI support:

That's correct.
Example on this temporary install:
http://catalogue.univ_lyon3.biblibre.com/cgi-bin/koha/ilsdi.pl
One could move from there, I suppose.
It's rough around the edges though. For instance, the definition of
"availibility" is pretty blunt: not on loan.
But that's a starting point.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Morin
Tél: +33(0)960 39 85 12

Casey Bisson

Feb 18, 2010, 5:21:35 PM2/18/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com

That's always been "next" on my list for a while. I'd be interested in finding a library with a Jangle supported system that's interested in trying out Scriblio. That'd give me motivation to develop it.

Ross Singer

Feb 18, 2010, 9:33:38 PM2/18/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
The Jangle connector for Talis Alto is nearing "production-ready"
(legacy databases are a slog), so if there are any Alto libraries that
are interested in Scriblio, we can definitely coordinate on this.

I am currently working with a library on integrating Jangle/Alto with VuFind:

http://ifind.swwhep.ac.uk/vufindJangle/Search/Results?lookfor=wales&type=AllFields&submit=Find

Unfortunately (and, somewhat ironically), I don't have a lot of
interaction with Talis ILS customers, so I don't know anybody actively
interested.

-Ross.