Scriblio.net

Don

Aug 31, 2010, 8:43:57 AM8/31/10
to Scriblio
Is scriblio.net down/dead? No links work. Thanks.

markcbain

Aug 31, 2010, 4:55:27 PM8/31/10
to Scriblio
Seems to be. Things seem quiet round here too. I'm having some issues
with the plug-in, but no-one is talking. Shame.

Edward

Aug 31, 2010, 9:33:03 PM8/31/10
to Scriblio
scriblio.net and all its links are working fine for me from here in
Hong Kong. Content displays, embedded videos play, everything is
fine.

-Spode

Ross Singer

Aug 31, 2010, 9:41:46 PM8/31/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Edward <spo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> scriblio.net and all its links are working fine for me from here in
> Hong Kong.  Content displays, embedded videos play, everything is
> fine.

I think you might have a cached version: scriblio.net is now a
GoDaddy domain parking page that reads:
"NOTICE: This domain name expired on 08/30/2010 and is pending renewal
or deletion"

It's probably not a great sign that Plymouth State is now using Worldcat Local:
http://library.plymouth.edu/

-Ross.

> -Spode
>

> On Sep 1, 4:55 am, markcbain <markcb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seems to be. Things seem quiet round here too. I'm having some issues
>> with the plug-in, but no-one is talking. Shame.
>>
>> On Aug 31, 2:43 pm, Don <dsamd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Is scriblio.net down/dead? No links work.  Thanks.

Edward

Aug 31, 2010, 9:53:17 PM8/31/10
to Scriblio
Hmm - that's always possible, as our campus uses a set of transparent
proxy servers which cache data for 24-48 hours.
And as you say, Plymouth State having moved to Worldcat Local is a
very bad sign.

-Spode

Edward

Edward

davidkane

Sep 1, 2010, 1:43:06 PM9/1/10
to Scriblio
Still down. Sad. Or perhaps they are on holiday and haven't noticed
that the site is down. If it was being discontinued then there would
have been a post to that effect.

David.

Ross Singer

Sep 1, 2010, 2:01:01 PM9/1/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM, davidkane <david...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still down.  Sad.   Or perhaps they are on holiday and haven't noticed
> that the site is down.  If it was being discontinued then there would
> have been a post to that effect.

Why do you think that?

-Ross.

David Kane

Sep 1, 2010, 4:11:35 PM9/1/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
Good manners?

> --

David Kane, MLIS.
Systems Librarian
Waterford Institute of Technology
Ireland
http://library.wit.ie/
T: ++353.51302838
M: ++353.876693212

Flávio Araújo

Aug 31, 2010, 10:03:57 PM8/31/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
The internal pages are of line, like http://about.scriblio.net/ and ahttp://about.scriblio.net/download/

Flávio Araújo
São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil

Rick Mason

Aug 31, 2010, 2:20:48 PM8/31/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com, dsam...@yahoo.com
Their domain seems to have expired:

http://www.scriblio.net/

scriblio.jpg

Flávio Araújo

Aug 31, 2010, 9:37:06 PM8/31/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

On my first email, I was accessing Scriblio from my college, and now I´m accessing fom home, and I still getting the same error (attached).

Maybe this could be a virus :(

Flávio Araújo
São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil

2010/8/31 Edward <spo...@gmail.com>
scriblio.png

Flávio Araújo

Aug 31, 2010, 4:07:51 PM8/31/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
I tryed to access now, and get this message: NOTICE: This domain name expired on 08/30/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion

Flávio Araújo
Brazil

2010/8/31 Don <dsam...@yahoo.com>
Is scriblio.net down/dead? No links work.  Thanks.

Casey Bisson

Sep 1, 2010, 11:52:14 PM9/1/10
to Scriblio

The domains did indeed expire. I've just renewed them, so I expect the
site to be back online again shortly.

Questions about the status of the project are reasonable. I've left
Plymouth State University where the project was born, and long since
left the library there. However, I remain very involved with WordPress
and passionate about making complex data easy to explore, use, and
share (that is to say, I still care greatly for Scriblio).

Interestingly, the features that Scriblio adds to the WordPress
ecosystem are increasingly being done within the WordPress core.
Improved support for custom taxonomies and the custom post types
recently added make it very easy to use WP to manage and serve non-
blog content including bibliographic records. Given that, the Scriblio
features that support the display, creation, and editing of
bibliographic records should be refactored to use the in-built
features.

The other significant feature that Scriblio adds to WP is the ability
to search and browse that content with facets. Here again, the
improved support for custom taxonomies in WP's core seems to be paving
the way to adding the faceted search and browse features to the core
as well. I'm pushing for that incrementally, most recently with a
patch that fixes an inefficiency in WP's custom taxonomy queries. That
fix won't give WP all the search/browse features that Scriblio adds,
but it's a start. Building the taxonomy query features into core will
encourage more development and optimization of them, and externalize a
significant portion of Scriblio's maintenance.

So the big question is how to refactor bibliographic records into a
custom post type. Anybody want to pitch in?

--Casey

Mark Bain

Sep 2, 2010, 1:24:22 AM9/2/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear the project is alive and well.

Flávio Araújo

Sep 1, 2010, 11:44:17 PM9/1/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
I just tryed now and is working fine again.