Underline and Italics

dpgetman

Jul 9, 2008, 10:49:12 AM7/9/08
to Scribe Researcher
I have occasionally used the underline and italic tools in note taking
with Scribe. I have noticed lately, however, that when I export my
cards at a certain point about halfway through the pages all of the
text from my notes comes out underlined and italicized. This is a bit
of a problem for me in that I then have to un-underline and de-
italicize all the text, leaving my emphasis, or worse that of the
original author, lost. Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong
or what I can do to correct this problem? David

Elena Razlogova

Jul 9, 2008, 7:45:55 PM7/9/08
to scribe-r...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea why this may be happening. Are you using a Mac or PC
version? Probably only one of your notes is causing this--could you
figure out which one (i.e. the note where the unwanted underline/
italics starts)?
Thanks,
Elena

dpgetman

Jul 13, 2008, 3:01:32 PM7/13/08
to Scribe Researcher
I use a mac. I will check the note where the italics begin to see if
there is anything wonkey about it and post what I find. David

dpgetman

Jul 13, 2008, 11:45:10 PM7/13/08
to Scribe Researcher
Elena,
An interesting discovery. Before I became aware of the ability of
Scribe to italicize and underline text, I was using the symbols <> to
contain phrases that were underlined or italicize in the original text
with a notating letter such as i or u inside the caps to designate
which. This led to two problems:
1) when exporting my cards, all text for every card below the first
card with the <i > or <u > boxes containing the words to be
emphasized was then italicized and underlined
2) when I exported my cards to Zotero, the <i > and <u > boxes
presented an alien code of some sort that derailed the importation of
my RDF list.

By removing these boxes from my notes I can now import to Zotero and
export an accurate word document of my note text.

Thanks for the help, hope this advice comes in handy for someone else
who knows as little as I do about these sort of codes. David

Elena Razlogova

Jul 30, 2008, 10:38:24 AM7/30/08
to scribe-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi all--

Scribe 3.5.2 is now available for Mac at:

http://chnm.gmu.edu/tools/scribe/scribe3.5.2mac.zip

Features added:

- styled export of notes into Word and Zotero (bold and italics)
- Improved RIS import from Zotero

Please let me know if there are any errors with styled export and RIS.

This version will be available for PC on Monday, August 4. The PC
version should take care of all problems related to Vista.

Best,
Elena