PC to Mac/Scribe to Zotero

Laura Anne Kalba

Aug 4, 2009, 11:03:30 AM8/4/09
to scribe-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Scribe researchers,

I'm finally ready to make the transition from PC to Mac and from Scribe to Zotero.  What's the easiest, smartest way of doing this?  I'm still using Scribe 3.  Should my first move to be to download Scribe 3.5, then make the move to Zotero?  And, then, what's the process from moving from my old PC to my shiny new Mac?

Another question: In Scribe, I sometimes changed the font color to highlight particularly important passages.  Will Zotero automatically replicate this?

Laura

P.S.  Elana, I hope summer in Montreal is as pleasant as I remember it to be!  There's nothing better than a good sorbet or icecream from Bilboquet on Bernard Ave.  Mmm...

Créez un personnage à votre image pour votre WL Messenger Venez voir

James Tobin

Aug 4, 2009, 11:49:57 AM8/4/09
to scribe-r...@googlegroups.com
To be honest, I found Zotero to be no sort of good replacement for Scribe, if one's purpose is to take, sort and arrange research notes for a long writing project. Zotero is nice for keeping track of research resources that you find on the web. For notes, I found it to come up way short.

I switched to DevonThink Office Pro -- a hard program to understand at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's highly flexible and adaptable to one's onw special research needs.

Jim Tobin