Possible to sort in date order using "Custom Date" field?

Jim Tobin

Feb 18, 2008, 10:30:00 AM2/18/08
to Scribe Researcher
For biographical research, I use the "Custom Date" field at the lower
right corner of my notes. When a note refers to an event that occurred
on a particular date, I enter that date in the "Custom Date" field. I
can retrieve all the notes for a given span of dates -- say, June 1
through August 31, 1927--by using the Search [Custom Date] function.
But I'd also like to be able to sort those notes into date order. Can
anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks for any suggestions.

Elena Razlogova

Feb 19, 2008, 1:30:00 AM2/19/08
to scribe-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim--

In the menu, go to Cards > Sort Cards... From the pulldown menu on top
of the left column, choose Current table ("cards"). Find field
custom6date and move it to the right column. You can then select the
field and choose ascending/descending order below.

Best,
Elena

James Tobin

Feb 19, 2008, 6:12:39 AM2/19/08
to Elena Razlogova, scribe-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much, Elena --- that does the trick!

Jim