scribd_doc.api undefined when using scribd_doc.write()

mdm...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 2:15:22 PM3/9/16
to Scribd Platform Talk
In the past few days, the scribd_doc.api object appears to have stopped working when using scribd_doc.write(), and returns undefined, so methods such as setPage() and getPage() do not work. scribd_doc.api does seem to set properly when using seamless() instead of write(), however.

Additionally, addEventListener() does not seem to be working, when using write() or seamless().

onit.g...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2016, 6:47:23 PM4/3/16
to Scribd Platform Talk, mdm...@gmail.com
+1 .. same here.

larry....@gmail.com

May 5, 2016, 10:40:33 AM5/5/16
to Scribd Platform Talk, mdm...@gmail.com
Same here. We've worked around it but getting reference to the iframe that gets embedded in the write call and changing it's src attribute to include the page we want to scroll to.

example:

$scribd_frame.attr('src', doc_url + '#outer_page_' + pageNumber);

$scribd_frame references the added iframe.
doc_url references the original src for the iframe that scribd set.
pageNumber is the page you want to scroll to.

It's all sort of hacky but works in a pinch.