Scribd has closed new signups for

Jitendra Bansal

Jul 17, 2015, 7:02:34 AM7/17/15
to scribd-platfo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys, I am unable to generate new API Keys at scribd. The message "Scribd is no longer offering new API accounts. Members who already have an API key may continue to use the Scribd API, but signups for new API keys are now closed." is coming at URL: https://www.scribd.com/developers

Does anyone know that why Scribd closed this ?

Does they start the signup again ? If yes, then when they start this service again ?

lea...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2015, 5:35:28 PM7/27/15
to Scribd Platform Talk, jitu....@gmail.com
My understanding is that most API users were abusing the system to upload spam. Since Scribd seems to have switched business models, to ebook subscription model, I guess they decided closing API signups was the best solution. There is no plan to re-activate it as far as I can tell.
Message has been deleted