Using the API to read books

Brandon Keith Biggs

Apr 14, 2015, 3:42:02 PM4/14/15
to scribd-platfo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have been reading through the API, but don't see this anywhere. Can I get access to typical published books like those on the New York Best sellers list through the API?

I am looking to build an app (either through the web or through a python application) that is super nice for screen reader users to use. Currently it is possible to use the web app, but many of the buttons are not labeled and it is very cumbersome to wade through all the links, press the access keys that will allow a down arrow to turn a page and to navigate within the book.
Screen reader users have a certain way in which they are used to reading books and I would like to create an app to deliver scribd content to them in this way.
How could I do this?
Thank you,