High CPU usage on startup

pdou...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2007, 5:31:18 AM2/9/07
to Scriba
Hi

I just downloaded Scriba and tried launching it. On two attempts it
gets to loading scheme.xml, and CPU usage jumpt to near 100% (and my
laptop CPU heats up pretty quick). It doesn't seem to go any further.
On the first attempt I created my niche, but on "Enter Niche" it
didn't proceed. On the second try it brought up the Swing GUI, but on
trying to open an example file it hung.

In console (from second try):
Logging in: console
** WARNING: Can't define-method (iterate (items Object[]) action)
classes (Object[]) do not exist.
** WARNING: Can't define-method (sort (xs Object[]) comparator)
classes (Object[]) do not exist.
** WARNING: Can't define-method (revertBody0 (body Object[])) classes
(Object[]) do not exist.
** WARNING: Extra ) ignored -- line number 59

After scheme.xml it hangs, no more messages in console.

Java
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode, sharing)

Advice?
Thanks
Patrick

Borislav Iordanov

Feb 9, 2007, 9:51:07 AM2/9/07
to scr...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

This is strange behavior indeed. I would suspect that this is due to
Scriba/Java 6, though, it hasn't been tested on a Java 6 JRE at all.
I'll try and see what's going on. Also, are you running on Windows or
Linux?

You could try it with Java 5 if you have it installed.

Regards,
Boris

PS The very first time you start Scriba, it's going to be busy
scanning standard Java packages, a background process that may take up
to a minute or two.

Patrick Wright

Feb 9, 2007, 9:53:05 AM2/9/07
to scr...@googlegroups.com
This is on Windows XP.

I'll try with Java 5 when I get a chance.

Thanks
Patrick

Patrick Wright

Feb 10, 2007, 1:58:03 PM2/10/07
to scr...@googlegroups.com
I tried it with JDK 1.5 and it doesn't lock up.

Patrick