seco under linux

ib84

Jan 9, 2011, 8:59:52 AM1/9/11
to Seco
Hey there,
I wanted to report that I have problems getting seco run under linux.
Niche windows appears, i can create one, but when entering a niche
seco crashs or fails to load. This was OpenJava.
Since sun java is no longer available in Ubuntu, I manually installed
it, and set JAVA_HOME, but it continued to use OpenJava which doesn't
seem to work.

Following these steps
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes#Sun Java moved to the
Partner repository
i managed to get sun java installed the official way.

first start of seco after entering the niche does not crash anymore,
but stalls here:
ingvar@ubuntu-3000N100:~/Downloads/seco$ ./run.sh
Using Scriba home directory '/home/ingvar/Downloads/seco'
/home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/native/linux/x86_64
java.library.path: /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/native/linux/x86_64
ClassRepository Path : /home/ingvar/.secoRepository
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/alt-
rt.jar
Classes: 4(55) packs: 3 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
plugin.jar
Classes: 399(765) packs: 63 time: 5
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
management-agent.jar
Classes: 0(2) packs: 0 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
deploy.jar
Classes: 300(703) packs: 31 time: 6
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
jce.jar
Classes: 59(82) packs: 8 time: 1
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
rt.jar
Classes: 10750(17406) packs: 848 time: 365
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
resources.jar
Classes: 0(265) packs: 0 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
jsse.jar
Classes: 121(243) packs: 14 time: 5
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
javaws.jar
Classes: 130(384) packs: 12 time: 8
Creating descriptions for /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre/lib/
charsets.jar
Classes: 435(702) packs: 1 time: 10
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/swing-
layout-1.0.jar
Classes: 7(29) packs: 2 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/
looks-2.0.4.jar
Classes: 94(298) packs: 6 time: 2
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/l2fprod-
common-sheet.jar
Classes: 86(202) packs: 18 time: 2
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/db.jar
Classes: 175(207) packs: 10 time: 4
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/
beanshell.jar
Classes: 101(252) packs: 11 time: 3
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/
swingutil1.5.jar
Classes: 29(113) packs: 7 time: 1
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/asm-
commons-3.0.jar
Classes: 9(15) packs: 3 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/asm-3.0.jar
Classes: 5(24) packs: 1 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/jstyle.jar
Classes: 3(8) packs: 2 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/
grouplayout.jar
Classes: 5(12) packs: 4 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/jscheme-
jsr.jar
Classes: 2(10) packs: 3 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/piccolox.jar
Classes: 47(114) packs: 11 time: 2
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/jscheme.jar
Classes: 66(199) packs: 12 time: 2
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/asm-
all-3.0.jar
Classes: 60(150) packs: 4 time: 2
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/smackx.jar
Classes: 188(408) packs: 22 time: 4
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/backport-
util-concurrent.jar
Classes: 5(251) packs: 9 time: 1
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/packer.jar
Classes: 2(4) packs: 1 time: 0
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/hgdbfull.jar
Classes: 380(676) packs: 28 time: 10
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/smack.jar
Classes: 94(207) packs: 12 time: 3
Creating descriptions for /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/piccolo.jar
Classes: 33(72) packs: 5 time: 1
*** The file /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/scriba.jar does not exist.
Repository creation finished.

does it look for scriba.jar instead of seco.jar?

takes several minutes to reach this point, but won't move afterwards.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.1 64bit.

Any hints what I could do?

Thanks

Regards,
Ingvar

kobrixinfo

Jan 11, 2011, 10:46:16 AM1/11/11
to Seco
Hi,

Sorry for late response.

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with the OpenJDK. I think it
continue to use OpenJDK because of the default PATH setting that
points to OPEN_JDK/bin and take the JVM from there. You can put the
following in run.sh:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

and then below

JAVA_EXEC=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java

Also, please take the latest Linux build (Seco 0.4) from:

http://code.google.com/p/seco/downloads/list

because it has many improvements and it uses HGDB 1.1. instead of 1.0

Regards

On Jan 9, 8:59 am, ib84 <ingvar.bogd...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
> I wanted to report that I have problems getting seco run under linux.
> Niche windows appears, i can create one, but when entering a niche
> seco crashs or fails to load. This was OpenJava.
> Since sun java is no longer available in Ubuntu, I manually installed
> it, and set JAVA_HOME, but it continued to use OpenJava which doesn't
> seem to work.
>
> Following these stepshttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes#SunJava moved to the

ib84

Jan 12, 2011, 4:43:47 AM1/12/11
to Seco
thanks for the answer. I did exactly what you said (and checked Java
is in the path you said), but i get this error:

Using Scriba home directory '/home/ingvar/Downloads/seco'
/home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/native/linux/x86_64
java.library.path: /home/ingvar/Downloads/seco/lib/native/linux/x86_64
java.home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre
ClassRepository Path : /home/ingvar/.secoRepository
BERKELEYDB: Program version 5.0 doesn't match environment version 4.7
BERKELEYDB: Program version 5.0 doesn't match environment version 4.7
BERKELEYDB: Program version 5.0 doesn't match environment version 4.7
BERKELEYDB: Program version 5.0 doesn't match environment version 4.7
at
39)
at
25)
at seco.boot.StartMeUp.main(StartMeUp.java:46)
Caused by: org.hypergraphdb.HGException: org.hypergraphdb.HGException:
Property HIndexer could not be found in bean
org.hypergraphdb.maintenance.ApplyNewIndexer
at org.hypergraphdb.HyperGraph.open(HyperGraph.java:392)
at org.hypergraphdb.HyperGraph.open(HyperGraph.java:211)
at org.hypergraphdb.HGEnvironment.get(HGEnvironment.java:94)
at seco.boot.Main.go(Main.java:26)
... 5 more
Caused by: org.hypergraphdb.HGException: Property HIndexer could not
be found in bean org.hypergraphdb.maintenance.ApplyNewIndexer
at
org.hypergraphdb.type.BonesOfBeans.getorthrow_propdesc(BonesOfBeans.java:
80)
at org.hypergraphdb.type.BonesOfBeans.getProperty(BonesOfBeans.java:
248)
at org.hypergraphdb.type.BonesOfBeans.getProperty(BonesOfBeans.java:
268)
at org.hypergraphdb.type.JavaBeanBinding.store(JavaBeanBinding.java:
132)
at org.hypergraphdb.type.TypeUtils.storeValue(TypeUtils.java:309)
at org.hypergraphdb.HyperGraph$5.call(HyperGraph.java:1493)
at org.hypergraphdb.HyperGraph$5.call(HyperGraph.java:1490)
at
org.hypergraphdb.transaction.HGTransactionManager.transact(HGTransactionManager.java:
397)
at
org.hypergraphdb.transaction.HGTransactionManager.ensureTransaction(HGTransactionManager.java:
323)
at
org.hypergraphdb.transaction.HGTransactionManager.ensureTransaction(HGTransactionManager.java:
294)
at org.hypergraphdb.HyperGraph.addNode(HyperGraph.java:1489)
at org.hypergraphdb.HyperGraph.add(HyperGraph.java:648)
at org.hypergraphdb.HyperGraph.add(HyperGraph.java:611)
at org.hypergraphdb.HGIndexManager.register(HGIndexManager.java:292)
at seco.boot.NicheManager.loadPredefinedTypes(NicheManager.java:191)
at seco.ThisNiche.bindNiche(ThisNiche.java:100)
at seco.boot.NicheBootListener.handle(NicheBootListener.java:31)
at org.hypergraphdb.event.HGEventManager.dispatch(HGEventManager.java:
71)
at org.hypergraphdb.HyperGraph.open(HyperGraph.java:372)
... 8 more

thanks

On Jan 11, 4:46 pm, kobrixinfo <i...@kobrix.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for late response.
>
> Yeah, there seems to be a problem with the OpenJDK. I think it
> continue to use OpenJDK because of the default PATH setting that
> points to OPEN_JDK/bin and take the JVM from there. You can put the
> following in run.sh:
>
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
>
> and then below
>
> JAVA_EXEC=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
>
> Also, please take the latest Linux build (Seco 0.4) from:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/seco/downloads/list
>
> because it has many improvements and it uses HGDB 1.1. instead of 1.0
>
> Regards
>
> On Jan 9, 8:59 am, ib84 <ingvar.bogd...@googlemail.com> wrote:> Hey there,
> > I wanted to report that I have problems getting seco run under linux.
> > Niche windows appears, i can create one, but when entering a niche
> > seco crashs or fails to load. This was OpenJava.
> > Since sun java is no longer available in Ubuntu, I manually installed
> > it, and set JAVA_HOME, but it continued to use OpenJava which doesn't
> > seem to work.
>
> > Following these stepshttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes#SunJavamoved to the

kobrixinfo

Jan 12, 2011, 10:56:05 AM1/12/11
to Seco
Hi,

Please delete the directory

~/.secoRepository

as well as

~/.secoNiches

as well as the directory with that niche that you created with the old
version.

Those are incompatible with BerkeleyDB 5 which is used by HGDB 1.1.
which is used by Seco 0.4 :)

Regards

PS: There would be ways to migrate the data from the old version to
the new, but since you don't have anything valuable there, you might
as well do the simpler thing and delete them.
> > > Following these stepshttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes#SunJavamovedto the

ib84

Jan 12, 2011, 2:44:08 PM1/12/11
to Seco