what version of hypergraph?

rossjudson

May 16, 2008, 1:29:28 PM5/16/08
to Scriba
I tried to build Scriba from source, but have run into problems. What
svn revision of hypergraphdb is necessary to get a working build?

Good experiment, by the way!

Borislav Iordanov

May 16, 2008, 9:41:27 PM5/16/08
to scr...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

The latest codebase of Scriba in SVN is work in progress and since you
just build and run it off of Eclipse, we hadn't noticed the
hypergraphdb.jar is outdated there. I also noticed a few problem with
Sun compiler (used to build with ant) that Eclipse doesn't have ,so I
fixed those too. So now it should build just fine if you do an update
from SVN.

I should warn you though that this codebase is clumsier that the build
you can download at http://www.kobrix.com/scribadownload.jsp. It
works, but it's essentially the major step towards our goal of a live
environment for the Java platform. Everything is being saved in
HyperGraphDB (though you can still import/export notebooks). Also, the
UI is embedded in the Piccolo framework which means that you can zoom
in/out with the mouse right button. You can drag components around and
resize them by clicking on them while holding the alt key down. But
there much more work before this could be made into a release. That
said, we'd be happy if you give it a shot and offer feedback!

The build available from the download page has the same basics
(scripting with Jscheme/Beanshell/JRuby, embedded HTML documentation,
and the ability to define different runtime contexts with different
classpaths), but works more smoothly.

Cheers,
Boris

--
"Frozen brains tell no tales."

-- Buckethead

Borislav Iordanov

May 16, 2008, 11:43:08 PM5/16/08
to scr...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:29 PM, rossjudson <ro...@soletta.com> wrote:

> I tried to build Scriba from source, but have run into problems. What
> svn revision of hypergraphdb is necessary to get a working build?

To answer your question specifically: the latest svn snapshot of
hypergraphdb is compatible with the latest scriba snapshot and we try
to always maintain it that way.

Best,
Boris