Notification doesn't update in Marshmallow

Ed Hinchliffe

Nov 21, 2015, 5:21:23 PM11/21/15
to Screebl
Minor bug really as the functionality isn't really affected, but on Marshmallow devices the notification bar icon doesn't update when the screen enters/leaves the specified range.

On opening the notification tray, the larger version of the notification does correctly update.

I can replicate this issue on Nexus 6P and Nexus 9.

As a separate side note, is it possible for the ongoing notification to be omitted from the lock screen? I expect this is probably a limitation of the Android notification API, but it would nice if not?

Great app by the way - first thing I install on all my Android devices.

David Keyes

Nov 22, 2015, 9:47:28 AM11/22/15
to scr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Ed.  As soon as I get an OTA update for 6, I'll figure this one out and get an update out.

dk

chadley25

Jan 14, 2016, 4:02:20 AM1/14/16
to Screebl
Same problem for me running 6.0.1. As you said, the functionality still seems to be intact, but the notification icon doesn't fill in as it should. I tried using different colors but to no avail. Will look forward to an update -- this is a great and very useful app. Can't imagine not having it!

Kevin Wudtke

Feb 20, 2016, 4:52:44 PM2/20/16
to Screebl
Same here, my Verizon LG G3 updated to 6 this morning and I now have the same issue. Will patiently await an update. Love this app!

William Phelps

Feb 21, 2016, 3:21:00 PM2/21/16
to Screebl
Have you tried KinScreen? I switched when I got my Nexus 5x (Marshmallow), and it works great.
William

vika09

Mar 28, 2016, 3:21:58 PM3/28/16
to Screebl
Yeap, can confirm that this continues to be an issues in 6.0.1 on an OnePlus One. The functionality is normal, but the notification colour does not update when moving in and out of the set orientation.

Suppasit Aungkatayad

Nov 1, 2016, 9:55:42 AM11/1/16
to Screebl