Screebl not showing up in App Store.

David Benston

Apr 12, 2018, 1:11:00 PM4/12/18
to Screebl
I bought the pro version years ago.  Yesterday I upgraded to a Pixel 2 XL, and now I can't find Screebl in the app store, either signed in or not.  I did manage to install the lite version from Amazon's store.  I clicked on the Keyeslabs.com link to v. 3 and it took me to a Google Apps page which said I had it installed.  I removed Amazon's lite version in case that was confusing things, but it didn't resolve anything.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

JLStanley

Apr 12, 2018, 1:27:27 PM4/12/18
to scr...@googlegroups.com
There's been no response from Screebl's author in a few years now.  It was great while it worked, but it's been collecting small incompatibilities with every new android release for years.  As far as I can tell, the app fell off the Play Store for lack of maintenance.

You might want to check out KinScreen...  Pretty close to Screebl in function, and it's being actively maintained.

David Benston

Apr 12, 2018, 2:58:54 PM4/12/18
to Screebl
Thanks, I hadn't realized when I posted, it has been four years since the last update! Oh well...  I installed Kinscreen this morning, and have been checking out Gravity Screen as well.  Guess it's time to move on.

Matt Hughes

Apr 12, 2018, 6:36:24 PM4/12/18
to scr...@googlegroups.com
I noticed the same myself recently, I backed up my apk just in case i couldnt find anything as good...it still suits my needs perfectly fine. i might be able to export the apk if you want it. Would be nice if they open sourced the code rather than die from code rot

David Benston

Apr 12, 2018, 6:50:28 PM4/12/18
to scr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, I can pull it from my old phone if I need to. So far I like both of these current apps.  I suppose I could pay a few bucks for a maintained option. Definitely got my money's worth from Screebl!