Screebl v 3.0.50 :: Nexus 5 (LG) :: Start call, screen blanks

Gordon Pedersen

Mar 25, 2017, 11:47:35 PM3/25/17
to Screebl
I just installed screebl lite 25 Mar 17, first time using it.  Sounds great but didn't act as expected when I make a call.  In fact, it appears to make no difference at all during a call.

I set In-call Behavior to "Screen locked on in all calls", the "Enable at Power-on" box is checked and the "Enable Screebl" box is checked.  Still, the screen blanked out and would not appear no matter what I tried till call ended.

As soon as the call was initiated (eg, pressing the handset icon to dial the entered number) screen goes blank and no matter what I try, screen stays blank until the call ends.

I replicated this 3x while holding the phone at about 75 degrees from horizontal.

I powered the phone off and on, but screen still blanks out during call.

How can I tell if Screebl is actually running?  I don't see any indication of it on the screen after I restarted the phone.

I installed Screebl expressly to counter this behavior--namely, without Screebl my device already blanked the screen as soon as I would make or answer a call and would not turn on again until call ended.  With Screebl, no change in this behavior.

In other words, in round 1, Device:  1, Screebl:  0.

-  I tried to find an Android setting to correct this behavior without luck.

-  The device never gets close to my head or ear, I'm holding it my hand during these trials of Screebl.

-  I cannot take incoming calls since phone has no cell service contract.

-  It is quite possible that the proximity sensor on this phone is not working right, but that should not affect Screebl, right?
(a little bit of screen in the upper right is gone, exposing a couple of things on the backing plate)

Phone:  Nexus 5 (LG)
Android: 6.0.1 (Oct 2016)
Screebl:  3.0.50