Sometimes it doesn't recognize device is in range

Bart

Aug 29, 2014, 6:10:50 PM8/29/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com
I've been using Screebl Pro for several years, Now on a Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4. For some time, it would seem to "forget" that it was running, meaning the notification was still showing but it was showing the device as being out-of-range. Usually I could get it to work by disabling, re-enabling, going to Settings > Orientation Range, and it would start understanding that it was in range. Sometimes I would have to do this a few times to get it to work, always while holding the device somewhere near the middle of the (default, I think) 5 degree-90 degree range. Sometimes I wouldn't even need to go into Orientation Range for it to start working. Sometimes it started working even before I clicked OK or Cancel on the Orientation Range dialog.

Today, though, I restarted my device, and now I can't get it to recognize that it is in range after a great many iterations of the above work-around. I love it when it works, but with a 5-second timeout, it can get pretty annoying when, like now, it doesn't. Hopefully something can be done.

Bart

Sep 1, 2014, 10:57:23 AM9/1/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com
In case this matters or helps, I have discovered accidentally that Screebl Pro works more reliably when Device Administrator permission is removed. In fact, it appears to be working perfectly in this configuration. It complains every time I start the UI, but I just don't check the box and it all works.