Won't uninstall!!!

Brett Hermance

Jan 9, 2014, 5:26:28 AM1/9/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!,

   I am using a Boostmobile ZTE Warp smartphone. I installed the Sceebl Lite a few days ago.  I find that it's alright but that I don't really need it. I tried to uninstall it several times without success!!  When I try to uninstall it, it says that the "uninstall was not successful".
  Now what?
     I think I might try to delete the file by hooking my cellphone to my computer and looking around and deleting the sceebl .apk file and any folders related to it from my cell phone and SD card this is in it??   What do you think?

JLStanley

Jan 9, 2014, 5:39:04 AM1/9/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com

Calm down.  This is normal for an app that has device administrator privileges.

Go to your phones settings screen.  Find the security sub screen.  Then find the device-administrators sub sub screen.  Un - check Screebl in the list.  You should then be able to uninstall the app normally.

Yes, it's much more complicated and frustrating than it should be.  Blame Google...

David Keyes

Jan 9, 2014, 7:48:04 AM1/9/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com

This shouldn't be an issue with Lite,  only beta or pro.  For beta and pro there is a menu item in the Screebl configuration screen called "uninstall"  that unregister and uninstall the app.

dk