Lollipop turns off Screebl Pro. A lot.

Trey Harris

Dec 10, 2014, 3:32:24 PM12/10/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com
Since my Nexus 5 upgraded to Lollipop, Screebl Pro (v. 3.0.50) has been getting killed _very_ frequently. Like, daily at least. Sometimes the phone sleeps while I'm using it, I see Screebl's been killed so I turn it back on, switch back to the other app, and within moments the phone turns off again because Screebl's disabled again.

I have "Run Service in Foreground" checked, and I don't see any other options I can take to try to rectify this. Any suggestions?

JoAnn Brereton

Dec 28, 2014, 9:23:47 PM12/28/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com
It seems as if a few of us are having this issue but have seen no response from the developer. Not sure what's going on. Is this abandonware now?

Avi Schwartz

Dec 28, 2014, 9:58:38 PM12/28/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com

I have seen this happening on all my Lollipop devices including but not limited to the Nexus 9 and Moto X 2nd gen.

I hope the developer will release a fix shortly because right now it is pretty much useless.

On Dec 28, 2014 8:23 PM, "JoAnn Brereton" <joann.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
It seems as if a few of us are having this issue but have seen no response from the developer.   Not sure what's going on.  Is this abandonware now?

Avi Schwartz

Dec 29, 2014, 11:13:42 PM12/29/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if this is caused by the Lollipop bug which Google just fixed and hopefully will be fixed soon:

Avi Schwartz

Dec 29, 2014, 11:15:41 PM12/29/14
to scr...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if this is caused by the Lollipop bug which Google just fixed and hopefully will be fixed soon:

From the description:

Launcher redraws on return to homescreen, apps with persistent notifications in the background (such as playing music) are killed randomly.

Joe Locker

Jan 15, 2015, 10:07:26 AM1/15/15
to scr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is happening to me since the upgrade from KitKat to Lollipop - using an LG G3. Hope the developers can look into this, have been using this app for years.

Joe

Trey Ethan Harris

Jan 17, 2015, 3:43:27 PM1/17/15
to scr...@googlegroups.com
There have been a couple pushes of the Google app (which is the default launcher for KitKat and Lollipop) since these commits were done (I don't work at Google anymore so can't check whether the AOSP commits made it into the release)—has anyone seen an improvement? The most recent push was on Jan 13, which roughly jibes with when I think things improved for me—both Screebl and my podcast player stopped getting killed randomly.

Anyone see (or not see) an improvement as well? (You can go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox to see when your most recent update was; the version number found in Apps Settings isn't terribly helpful.)

Joe Locker

Feb 10, 2015, 12:30:46 PM2/10/15
to scr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trey,

Thanks for the reply - I checked and there was a Google app update avaialable. Since upgrading the app Screeble has been pretty much 100%. Many thanks for helping out on this!

Joe

Allison Brown

Dec 16, 2015, 10:55:43 AM12/16/15
to Screebl
I'm still having an issue with Lollipop turning off Screebl. Other apps with persistent notifications don't seem to be having an issue, but if I so much as open another app Screebl gets killed and doesn't come back.

Is this app abandoned? I tried to email the developer month ago with no answer and there hasn't been an update in a while.

If so, that's a shame because before this issue I really loved Screebl and got the pro version.

Allison Brown

Dec 16, 2015, 10:55:44 AM12/16/15
to Screebl

Suppasit Aungkatayad