ScratchOSC

Kyle McDonald

Jan 28, 2012, 1:47:25 AM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
run this app on any machine connected to the raw feed from the turntable:

https://github.com/downloads/scratchml/scratchml.com/ScratchOSC.zip

there are a bunch of controllable settings inside data/settings.xml

see you guys tomorrow! i'm excited to see shiftee battle someone on a joystick.

kyle

Jamie Wilkinson

Jan 28, 2012, 2:04:57 AM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
Sick, Michael and Lee are fixing up the mixer and then we'll set this up

-jamiew

Jakue Lopez

Jan 28, 2012, 6:14:05 AM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
Following it from Barcelona! Pretty excited to see how it's going :D

2012/1/28 Jamie Wilkinson <ja...@jamiedubs.com>

--
 - - Jakue López - -

Dan Moore

Jan 28, 2012, 10:33:43 AM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
ping all.
--
-
Dan Moore

Kyle McDonald

Jan 28, 2012, 11:04:14 AM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
sorry, i forgot to mention -- unlike most OF apps, this uses a dynamic
lib instead of the static one.

install libsndfile like this:

> sudo port - d selfupdate
> sudo port install libsndfile +universal

but i need to get rid of that dependency anyway since this project
doesn't use it. the recording->scratchml one does, but not this one.

kyle

Dan Moore

Jan 28, 2012, 11:20:57 AM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
eta on you getting here? I've been up all night coding and we have a working fader too.
--
-
Dan Moore

Kyle McDonald

Jan 28, 2012, 12:07:32 PM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
i'll be there in <1 hour. i just had to compile + ship an app for an
exhibition in london, i'm going to shower + leave now.

ekene ijeoma

Jan 28, 2012, 12:33:18 PM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
I'm not feeling well so I'm going to work from home for another 3 hours or so on a ScratchNSpell idea and come in later. I'll be on skype @ ekene.ijeoma.

Kyle McDonald

Jan 28, 2012, 2:27:09 PM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
:( get better soon! i'll be on skype + irc.

Jamie Wilkinson

Jan 28, 2012, 2:32:51 PM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
Dope. We've got everything working and outputting OSC. The realtime demos are gonna be awesome, really stoked to see what everyone else brings. Kyle is setting up OSC multicasting right now

We are getting things setup on stage too. We could use some more big screens so that the audience can see what's going on

-jamiew

Dan Moore

Jan 28, 2012, 3:37:28 PM1/28/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
Alpha Build sans using Fader Data and Maps Turntable R to Turntable L
--
-
Dan Moore

ScratchMLAlpha.apk

Dan Moore

Jan 29, 2012, 4:16:38 PM1/29/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
g...@github.com:danthemellowman/ScratchML-Android-Client.git

for the Processing for Android Client.
--
-
Dan Moore

Kyle McDonald

Jan 29, 2012, 4:25:00 PM1/29/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
awesome!! would you be interested in adding this to the official account?

https://github.com/scratchml/

if so, i can make a repo for you and add you as a member.

Dan Moore

Jan 29, 2012, 4:27:18 PM1/29/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
yer do it up
--
-
Dan Moore

Kyle McDonald

Jan 29, 2012, 4:42:38 PM1/29/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/scratchml/ScratchOSC-Android-Client

i changed it to "ScratchOSC" only to clarify that we have two specs --
since your app is loading OSC data, not XML data.

i'm going to finish off a release of the ScratchOSC app today.

Dan Moore

Jan 29, 2012, 4:45:13 PM1/29/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
oh ok I'll make changes and push.