ScratchOSC 1.0

Kyle McDonald

Jan 30, 2012, 1:01:42 AM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
this is a completely rewritten version of what was driving all the
live visuals yesterday:

https://github.com/downloads/scratchml/ofxXwax/ScratchOSC-osx.zip

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/kylemcdonald/6787603613/in/photostream

it also sends out more data if you ask for it (rotation in degrees, and pitch)

i also added all the code to the ofxXwax repo, since it's mostly stuff
that surrounds the xwax library:

https://github.com/downloads/scratchml/ofxXwax/

most of it is still in "hackday state", but ScratchOSC and the ofxXwax
addon themselves are very clean.

kyle

Jakue Lopez

Jan 30, 2012, 3:28:39 AM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
Nice! Is looking really good!

I've no arduino here with me, is it still possible to try it?

2012/1/30 Kyle McDonald <ky...@kylemcdonald.net>

--
 - - Jakue López - -

Kirk Moreno

Jan 30, 2012, 9:18:50 AM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
This looks great, great job on this.

Kirk

Tobias Leingruber

Jan 30, 2012, 10:32:18 AM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone! I'm Tobi (@tbx) and pretty excited about what you guys are all working on!

I just saw Spotify is doing a "Music Apps Hack Weekend" with 10.000€ prize money in NYC soonish:
http://musicappshackweekend.eventbrite.com/

Maybe you can do a SML app that allows simple remixing/scratching of Spotify songs via turntable interface? I have no idea what their API allows, but wouldn't that be what every hobby DJ is waiting for anyways? :)

best, T

Tobias Leingruber

Jan 30, 2012, 10:32:48 AM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
sorry - 10.000$, not Euro ;)

Dan Moore

Jan 30, 2012, 10:47:16 AM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
I'm down. Anyone else?
--
-
Dan Moore

Kyle McDonald

Jan 30, 2012, 11:20:18 AM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
jaukue -- yes, it works even if you don't have the arduino plugged in.

tobias/dan -- that sounds awesome! unfortunately i'm going to be in
detroit that weekend. but i want to reiterate that ScratchML belongs
to everyone who has worked on it, so if you're free, dan, you should
totally go for it!

kyle

Dan Moore

Jan 30, 2012, 11:56:32 AM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
dope. anyone else that wants to do stuff let me know. I've already registered.

I'm ripping apart the spotify api now. It's written in C! I'm gonna
work on porting everything I've done to actual android and port the
ofxXwax to run on it as well. I'm not sure how well that will work.
but I'll give it a shot. Maybe if I can get oF to work under android
it could be possible (who should I talk to about that? cause its
currently borked in the release on the site.) I want an Android
Tablet to be able to do it all, which means I need to get a hold of a
IOIO board and to do the A to D for the vinyl audio data and fader
data.

--
-
Dan Moore

Kirk Moreno

Jan 30, 2012, 12:06:23 PM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Dan,
�� Nice to meet you, I spoke to Gordon at Sparkfun, they do not have any in stock but are building their next batch. He said they should be ready in 1 to 2 weeks. I know you probably need something sooner but if you do not get one by friday it would� be good to give them a call again. I did find it at another website but have only purchased from Sparkfun in the past.

Kirk

Dan Moore wrote:
dope. anyone else that wants to do stuff let me know. I've already registered.

I'm ripping apart the spotify api now. It's written in C! I'm gonna
work on porting everything I've done to actual android and port theDan.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Kyle McDonald <ky...@kylemcdonald.net> wrote:
jaukue -- yes, it works even if you don't have the arduino plugged in.

tobias/dan -- that sounds awesome! unfortunately i'm going to be in
detroit that weekend. but i want to reiterate that ScratchML belongs
to everyone who has worked on it, so if you're free, dan, you should
totally go for it!

kyle

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Dan Moore <d...@eachscape.com> wrote:
I'm down. Anyone else?

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Tobias Leingruber <to...@tobi-x.com> wrote:
sorry - 10.000$, not Euro ;)

2012/1/30 Tobias Leingruber <to...@tobi-x.com>
Hi everyone! I'm Tobi (@tbx) and pretty excited about what you guys are
all working on!

I just saw Spotify is doing a "Music Apps Hack Weekend" with 10.000�
prize money in NYC soonish:
--
-
Dan Moore

--
-
Dan Moore

Dan Moore

Jan 30, 2012, 12:14:25 PM1/30/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
I think someone offered to sell me one at the Hackathon. I can't
remember his name but he did the bike thingy that controlled playback.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Kirk Moreno <ma...@mediaprodigy.com> wrote:
> Greetings Dan,

>    Nice to meet you, I spoke to Gordon at Sparkfun, they do not have any in
> stock but are building their next batch. He said they should be ready in 1
> to 2 weeks. I know you probably need something sooner but if you do not get

> one by friday it would  be good to give them a call again. I did find it at

> I just saw Spotify is doing a "Music Apps Hack Weekend" with 10.000€

--
-
Dan Moore

Dan Moore

Feb 23, 2012, 10:36:30 AM2/23/12
to scra...@googlegroups.com
looks like I'm not going to make to the spotify thingy. I've got a
release due Friday (wooohooo) for NBC Universal that is has ended up
putting me through the meat grinder so I kinda need a weekend away
from code.

--
-
Dan Moore