update on m1 pro/max?

Josh M

Oct 31, 2021, 11:27:01 PM10/31/21
to SCRATCH forum
How does scratch and live assist run on the new macbooks? (or how will they?) Are they going to be able to make use of the hardware encoders and apple silicon efficiently?

Mazze Aderhold

Nov 1, 2021, 5:50:29 AM11/1/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Josh,

both softwares run on the new Macbooks via Rosetta2 at the moment.
We have not seen any significant performance drawbacks vs. running them natively so far.

The upcoming v9.4 will run natively - and yes, 9.4 should make use of the hardware acceleration
of Apple Silicon - although, this is a bigger project, which we're taking step by step (read. format by format).

Cheers,
Mazze