Assimilate Live FX Open Beta

Peter Huisma

Oct 20, 2021, 11:34:02 AM10/20/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As you have probably seen, we started an open beta for a new member of the Assimilate Product Suite: Live FX – aimed at live compositing and virtual production. If you have not seen the official announcement then have a look at the following links to get an impression of Live FX:
• Watch the Live FX trailer video and hands-on tutorial videos series.
• Have a look at the Live FX user guide to get the full overview.
• Register for your own Live FX open beta license.
• Download the beta build from here.

Note that the open beta covers a Live FX license only and does not yet automatically combine with other (existing) product licenses. We of course hope that many of you join us in the open beta, even though this might mean that you have to switch between versions for your regular Assimilate product license.

Combining of product-licenses is possible but you should be aware that not all functionality of the 9.4 version for SCRATCH, Live Assist, Live Looks and Play Pro have been tested and deemed ready for a production context yet. We are working hard for a general 9.4 release but there is no ETA yet.
Contact licensing or support if you do want to combine product licenses or have questions about combinations of products and the Live FX open beta.
Enjoy,
The Assimilate Team

Jeff Sousa

Oct 21, 2021, 10:53:17 PM10/21/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com
Congrats on the launch. I had a watch of the tutorials and was impressed by how deeply integrated all of the new features feel. I'm not an on-set guy, but it was cool to see how some of Scratch's existing infrastructure was adapted for virtual production, whether it's the ability to have "live" keyframes on the animation channel for camera tracking, or using the annotation system to cue actors. I guess I'll have to order some mannequins and start monkeying around...

--
ASSIMILATE homepage - www.assimilateinc.com
SCRATCH web - www.scratchweb.tv

Mazze Aderhold

Oct 25, 2021, 8:21:24 AM10/25/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff,

thanks for your kind words - much appreciated :-) !
It was a bunch of work and honestly speaking, we did underestimate it all a little.
Took much longer than we had thought when we started.
The big advantage really is the flexibility of the SCRATCH engine and whole underlying code base.
SCRATCH generally does not care much where it gets the frames from - whether it's a clip on disk, or a live SDI / NDI signal coming in - so that already helped a lot.
Adding all the hardware support was straight forward for most of it.
What took time was the whole math behind tracking the real world into the virtual one.
That's where most of the brain cells went ;-) .
And of course things like dealing with lens distortion (which might actually ripple down to SCRATCH in the end).

But yeah - it's a pretty exciting technology and it's fun to work with it :-) .
I really can't wait to see what people will create with it ;-) .

Greetz,
Mazze

> Jeff Sousa <je...@dungeonbeach.com> hat am 22.10.2021 04:53 geschrieben:
>

> Congrats on the launch. I had a watch of the tutorials and was impressed by how deeply integrated all of the new features feel. I'm not an on-set guy, but it was cool to see how some of Scratch's existing infrastructure was adapted for virtual production, whether it's the ability to have "live" keyframes on the animation channel for camera tracking, or using the annotation system to cue actors. I guess I'll have to order some mannequins and start monkeying around...
>

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 11:34 AM Peter Huisma <peter....@assimilateinc.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As you have probably seen, we started an open beta for a new member of the Assimilate Product Suite: Live FX – aimed at live compositing and virtual production. If you have not seen the official announcement then have a look at the following links to get an impression of Live FX:
> > • Watch the Live FX trailer video and hands-on tutorial videos series.
> > • Have a look at the Live FX user guide to get the full overview.
> > • Register for your own Live FX open beta license.
> > • Download the beta build from here.
> >
> > Note that the open beta covers a Live FX license only and does not yet automatically combine with other (existing) product licenses. We of course hope that many of you join us in the open beta, even though this might mean that you have to switch between versions for your regular Assimilate product license.
> >
> > Combining of product-licenses is possible but you should be aware that not all functionality of the 9.4 version for SCRATCH, Live Assist, Live Looks and Play Pro have been tested and deemed ready for a production context yet. We are working hard for a general 9.4 release but there is no ETA yet.
> > Contact licensing or support if you do want to combine product licenses or have questions about combinations of products and the Live FX open beta.
> > Enjoy,
> > The Assimilate Team
> >
> > --
> > ASSIMILATE homepage - www.assimilateinc.com (http://www.assimilateinc.com)
> > SCRATCH web - www.scratchweb.tv (http://www.scratchweb.tv)
> > Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/assimilateinc
> > Twitter - @assimilateinc
> > ---
> >

> --
> ASSIMILATE homepage - www.assimilateinc.com
> SCRATCH web - www.scratchweb.tv
> Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/assimilateinc
> Twitter - @assimilateinc
> ---

Bruce Harris

Oct 26, 2021, 12:42:27 PM10/26/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I have just learnt the hard way....
I applied for BETA and downloaded 9.4. Entered the BETA license and now I have 'half a Scratch'!
What can I do to get the fully functional one back and also the BETA version or will they  look the same?
Thanks

ASSIMILATE homepage - www.assimilateinc.com
SCRATCH web - www.scratchweb.tv
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/assimilateinc
Twitter - @assimilateinc
---

    You should wear with pride the scars on your skin...
They're a map of the adventures and the places you've been

                 'Poi Dog Pondering'
What have you done to my Scratch.png

Dermot Shane

Oct 26, 2021, 12:46:44 PM10/26/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 7:53 PM Jeff Sousa <je...@dungeonbeach.com> wrote:using the annotation system to cue actors. I guess I'll have to order some mannequins and start monkeying around...
i think the correct term is "meat puppet"...

je...@assimilateinc.com

Oct 26, 2021, 1:38:43 PM10/26/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com

You do what email says…uninstall the beta (which is Live FX, NOT SCRATCH! 😊) and reinstall 9.3 and you will have our SCRATCH back!

Fin Bar

Oct 27, 2021, 8:40:48 AM10/27/21
to SCRATCH forum
hey - this software looks really fantastic, congrats! I can also see a huge use case for it.

One of our UE Spout Toolkit users is asking about an issue with a RT being sent from UE to LiveFX via Spout in UE 4.27.  UE 4.26 works fine and the same RT when sent to OBS is fine.

I downloaded your beta to take a look but can't find a way to get a Spout input. In the docs it says there is a plugin for it but there is no link... Sorry if I'm missing something but guidance appreciated...

Peter Huisma

Oct 27, 2021, 10:37:19 AM10/27/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com

Hi Fin – here are steps to use the Spout plug-in:

* Normally you would probably start with (green-screen) live input, like shown in the tutorial videos.

* once inside the player / Live FX tab, use the Plug-in button in the lower left menu panel.

* in the Plug-in browser, select the Assimilate – Live FX category on the left and then select the Spout plug-in on the right

* Hit the Apply to Layer button and the Spout plug-in is instantiated on a new layer on your shot.

* The controls for the plug-in are in the Spout menu (again lower left menu panel)

In graphics:

Hope this helps.

image001.png

Fin Bar

Oct 27, 2021, 2:56:52 PM10/27/21
to scratc...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Peter - it's not a Spout/ Unreal/ Assimilate issue - seems to be something local with the user.

Thanks again for the help!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SCRATCH forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scratch-list/052b01d7cb40%242142cb50%2463c861f0%24%40assimilateinc.com.

--
@offworldlive
offworld.live