....a list of all US hospitals with the number of beds?

matze

Sep 25, 2017, 8:13:28 AM9/25/17
to ScraperWiki

dear Community,

Where can one find a list of all US hospitals with the number of licensed beds? I believe that some governmental sites provide this data somewhere, but I cannot find it!

btw: there is a american hospital directory: Here's a list of beds per hospital 'non-federal, short-term, acute care hospitals', ordered by state, so in 50 clicks you'll have the data: https://www.ahd.com/state_statistics.html

I strongly suspect that this list is incomplete, and some hospitals have reported 0 beds, which seems unlikely.

Is there a dataset in a spreadsheet available somewhere? Can we create a scraper on this somehow - so that we have a dataset that contains

country.

 - name of the city (hospital)

 - website

 - adress

This would be great.

btw: this is a non commercial project with almost no budget
any way i love to hear from you

many thanks in advance

best regards
Martin

Thad Guidry

Sep 25, 2017, 9:42:44 AM9/25/17
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
If I recall the data is in one or many of these

Its probably best to just go to the source and email the US Dept of Health and Human Services who actually have this data.  The locations from an infrastructure perspective are maintained by Dept of Homeland Security now.

Only the US Veterans Administration has direct access to the bed count for each of their hospitals across the nation on Data.gov
For others, you will have to inquire, but it is public data.  I had it once before myself many years ago.

Best regards,

Thad