Praise for Chan Gailey and recalling SU's Sugar Bowl

Scott Pitoniak

Jan 1, 2013, 10:57:31 AM1/1/13
to scottp...@googlegroups.com
One of the things I don’t like about my job is when you have to call for someone to be benched or fired. I realize that sports, particularly at the professional level, is a highly competitive, results-oriented business, and that athletes and coaches are handsomely compensated, making more money – sometimes in a game or two – than most of us will see in a lifetime.

But they are human beings, too.

And there are times, like during Chan Gailey’s emotional, two-minute press conference at One Bills Drive yesterday, when you can’t help but feel a person’s pain.
Read the column at http://www.ScottPitoniak.com