What to make of the Bills win in Arizona

Scott Pitoniak

Oct 15, 2012, 5:36:34 PM10/15/12
to scottp...@googlegroups.com
The Bills kept their season alive by overcoming their coach’s lame-brained decision to throw the ball out of the Wildcat formation instead of milking the clock near the end of regulation. And, yes, despite the ugliness of the game and the offensively challenged opponent, it was a good win on the road against an Arizona Cardinals team that had won eight-straight in Phoenix.
But the Bills are going to have to show me a lot more to remove the stench of their recent losses and make me think they are the legitimate playoff contenders I anticipated heading into the season.
Their 3-3 record may put them in a four-way tie for first in the muddled AFC East, but the lopsided nature of their three losses against good teams (Patriots, 49ers and Jets) and their three wins vs. average-to-mediocre teams (Chiefs, Browns and Cardinals) leaves me underwhelmed.
Ryan Fitzpatrick’s weak and inaccurate arm worry me and I want to see ...

( Read the rest of the column at http://www.ScottPitoniak.com )