Fixing the Bills: Is the writing on the Wall, so to speak?

Scott Pitoniak

Oct 23, 2012, 10:23:29 AM10/23/12
to scottp...@googlegroups.com
I had the opportunity to chat with Bill Polian last week for a column I was writing about him for Bills Digest, and during our conversation I asked the architect of those great Bills teams of the late 1980s, early ’90s if he would consider becoming an NFL general manager again. He said he would if the situation were right.

“I know how to win in the National Football League,’’ said Polian, a six-time NFL Executive of the Year who was inducted onto the Ralph Wilson Stadium Wall of Fame Sunday. “But it requires the kind of commitment Mr. Wilson made with the Bills and that Jim Irsay made with the Indianapolis Colts. Those situations don’t come along every day.”

So, you know where I was going with my next question.

Read the rest of the column at http://www.ScottPitoniak.com