WFH Jobs in Scotland

phobos7

Mar 12, 2009, 7:43:32 PM3/12/09
to Scottish Developers
Does anybody know of any software development companies that are
willing to let people work from home (WFH) for the majority of the
time? I'm presently based just north of London but am considering a
move to somewhere rural, possibly around the Perth area, to be
relatively close to two sets of family. I've done the commuting thing
for the past 10 years, first between Kirkcaldy and Edinburgh and now
from Hertfordshire into London. I've decided that I'd like to try and
improve my quality of life by having much more free time to spend with
family and friends, do a bit of exercise, and generally enjoy life a
bit more.

The way I think I can achieve this is:

1) Move back up to Scotland to be closer to family and friends
2) Find a company that will allow working from home with trips to the
office as required.

Any ideas?

Omar Kooheji

Apr 22, 2009, 3:51:51 PM4/22/09
to Scottish Developers
I work for a firm with a small Dev team that allows me to work from
home as much as I want to. I'm usually in the office a couple of days
a week, but Some weeks I don't go in at all and some I'm in all week.

It's Glasgow based in the City Center.

The company's name is Sabio (www.sabio.co.uk).

Great company to work for, If you email them them tell them I
Suggested you apply. There is a head hunters fee. If you email me I
can get you the details of the HR person, I don't really wan't to post
her email address to a public forum.

Colin Mackay

Apr 22, 2009, 4:06:26 PM4/22/09
to scottish-...@googlegroups.com
Are there any jobs currently available? I checked the site and the "Current Vacancies" page says "There are currently no vacancies at Sabio."

Omar Kooheji

Apr 24, 2009, 6:16:54 AM4/24/09
to Scottish Developers
As with many IT companies although Sabio may not be actively looking
at the moment they are willing to consider people of significant
talent.