Music Subscription

Scott Cooley

<scottcooley@scottcooley.com>
Nov 16, 2015, 7:56:25 PM11/16/15
to Scott Cooley Email List

New Scott Cooley Music Subscription Service

posted 7 minutes ago by Scott Cooley

music.scottcooley.com
You can now subscribe to me on Bandcamp! For the low annual fee,
you not only get the satisfaction of knowing you’re supporting me in a sustainable way, you also receive:
  • All the new music I make, streaming instantly to your mobile device via the Bandcamp app, and also available as a high-quality, DRM-free download.
  • A free full release from my back catalog, given to you immediately as a bonus when you subscribe.
  • All tracks I designate as subscriber-only (live recordings, demos of forthcoming tracks, previously unreleased original songs, b-sides, and so on).
  • The option to purchase any merchandise item I designate as subscriber-only (for first dibs on signed or limited edition items, etc.).
  • Exclusive access to the Scott Cooley subscriber community, where I will be posting messages and photos, and chatting with just the paying supporters, and more.
What might one have to do to subscribe? Behold:

Sign up for Bandcamp to get started.  Already have an artist or fan account? Log in

or...just go to music.scottcooley.com and click on the subscribe tab.

Things you may be wondering:

Why are you doing this?

You get everything I make, you never miss out on a release because my announcement drowned in your social media fire hose or got buried under a truckload of spam, and you don’t want the hassle of going through a transaction every time I put out something new. You own the music on your terms, your device, whenever or wherever you want it.  It's about convenience for fans, and it's the future of music.

I get a little sustainability at a time, which is quite different than some big crowdfunding campaign in exchange for you getting your name in the album credits or soemthing.  When you have a desire to help an artist you're into, you sustain the artist so they can keep making more great art.

Does it replace other buying options?

No, a subscription is just another option, just like buying the next album on CD or an individual MP3, FLAC or OGG track.

How much does it cost?

The subscription fee is 15.00 / year, and you can subscribe using a credit card.  Your payment goes straight to me, without a bunch of people taking a cut first (only Bandcamp).  It's the new way.

This conversation is locked