ScotRUG's August Meetup - parsing DSLs

James Bell

Aug 8, 2021, 10:49:06 AM8/8/21
to Scottish Ruby User Group

Good day you lovely people,

Gosh, it's August! Sitting here in Edinburgh, it feels odd to feel the city ramping up again for a tourist season with some summer festivals. Nothing like the city's usual August fare, but still. Come Monday, Scotland will no longer be using the level system, with the whole country going from Level 0 to remove the requirement for physical distancing at events. See ScotGov for more info: https://www.gov.scot/news/scotland-to-move-beyond-level-0/

However, as an entirely volunteer led community group, we have the luxury of being able to take our time to consider what this means for the return, partial or hybrid, of in person meetups. Watch this space for more updates about that! In the meantime, we continue to run our meetups fully remote.

And in that spirit, this Thursday we're lucky to have a talk from Mira Kirova. Mila is currently an engineer at FreeAgent, based in Edinburgh. Part of her work has had her diving into DSLs, parsers and what this world opens up to you in Ruby. So, if you're interested in knowing more about any of this, come along this Thursday, the 12th of August.

What: Parsing DSLs with Treetop by Mila Kirova
When: 2021-08-12 - Thursday at 18:00
Where: Online! Go to our meetup page to sign up and be sent the link later in the week: https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-Xwgucjde/events/mljltlycclbqb/

Hope to see some of you there!

James