[JOBS] Hotwire/Front end Job at FreeAgent (Edinburgh/UK remote)

James Bell

Apr 22, 2022, 5:29:57 AM4/22/22
to Scottish Ruby User Group
Hey ScotRUG folk,

FreeAgent is currently hiring for a couple of Senior roles, but I wanted to highlight our Senior Front End Engineer vacancy. If you're interested in the state of the art in Rails frontend work, this is the opportunity for you!

FreeAgent has been working over the last 15 years to demystify accounting, and put small business owners in control of their finances. I pitch our mission like this: few people get into business for the mechanics of running their accounts. People might want to make the world a better place, help out their community or simply make money to live the rest of their lives. They don't intend to spend long nights collecting invoices and expenses to hand over to accountants. FreeAgent aims to allow these people the confidence and freedom to focus on their business things, rather than wrestle with issuing invoices, submitting self assessments or verifying VAT. (I'm not usually alliterative about this, but here we are).

Our tech stack: largely a majestic Rails monolith,  running on AWS. As you might imagine from a continually updated 15 year old app, we've got a mix of JavaScript: from jQuery to React to Stimulus. We believe that Stimulus, Turbo and the rest of the Hotwire framework are the path of the future for Rails, and are a great way to build successful tools for our customers. Our product engineering teams write both frontend and backend code, so this frontend role is about building tools, providing documentation and consulting, as well as helping to shape our future direciton.

We've been a hybrid working company since we were founded 15 years ago, and have an office here in sunny Edinburgh, with everyone else scattered around the UK from Shetland to Devon.

For the specifics of the role, have a look at our website: https://www.freeagent.com/careers/ or if you'd rather, please feel free to email me directly.

Note: we're not looking for agencies to work with for this role at the moment, so please don't contact me if you work for an agency.

I hope you're all well,

James
--
Support Engineering Engineering Manager