[JOBS] Senior developer to join our team improving education for young people

Owen Carter

Feb 19, 2021, 11:50:24 AM2/19/21
to sco...@googlegroups.com
Hi ScotRUG!

I'm Owen - the co-founder of ImpactEd. We are a non-profit organisation that helps schools to make the biggest difference possible to young people’s life chances though better measuring their impact. We do this mainly through a Rails platform we’ve been building over the last two years, supported by partnership, training and consultancy.

We are at a pretty key point in the organisation’s growth. We've grown our platform over the last two years to now reach around 60,000 young people annually, and are looking to expand our small tech team with a senior developer who can help us to make the next steps in our journey. For someone who wants to work across the full stack and lifecycle of a product and contribute to making a social impact, it would be a great fit.

Further details:
  • Senior level role with plenty of experience building, deploying and maintaining web apps. Most of your work would be back-end but you’d need to be comfortable working across the stack.
  • You'd be working with one other full-time developer (Sarah), so you'll need to be happy with lots of independence and autonomy! There are also mentoring opportunities from some senior developers working alongside us too.
  • Salary: £51k - £68k depending on experience, alongside a strong professional development and mentoring offer
  • We’re remote friendly and happy to look at part-time or flexible working patterns
  • Tech: Ruby, Rails 5 -> 6 (imminently!), Stimulus JS, Heroku, Amazon with critical Typeform and Googlesheet integrations. We have good test coverage (rspec) and are committed to maintaining this! We follow agile rhythms but keep process relatively light
  • Full job specification here: https://impacted.org.uk/careers. Closing date is 1st March.
If you're interested in the role, check out the job description and you can get in touch with me directly - I am really happy to speak to anyone that wants to find out more.

No agencies at this point please.

All the best,
Owen

--

Owen Carter | Co-Founder and Managing Director | ImpactEd

07444512842

www.impacted.org.uk

Standard disclaimer: this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the addressee, do not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this email or any attachments. If received in error, notify the sender immediately and delete this email and any attachments from your system. Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as the message and any attachments could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, delayed, incomplete or amended. ImpactEd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or liability for damage caused by this email or any attachments. Any views or opinions presented are only those of the author and not those of ImpactEd.