ScotRUG 2021: Our Usual Year End Break

James Bell

Jan 12, 2021, 5:34:51 PM1/12/21
to Scottish Ruby User Group

Hello and Happy New Year you fine people,

As I said in our website update, 2020 was a heck of a year. ScotRUG will be taking our usual end of year break this month, ready to come back firing in February. In the meantime, there's plenty happening in the Ruby world to dig into. Recent releases of Rails (6.1), Ruby (3.0), StimulusReflex (3.4) and the announcement of Hotwire (not yet released) have given us plenty to look into.

Add to that the development of Standard, Rubyfmt and Prettier for Ruby in the style space, the evolution of type systems in the language, the Dry tools and Hanami web framework heading towards 2.0, and we've got plenty to be getting excited about. So, take this Thursday to yourself, read over and play with something new. Then come present to us all in February!

We're always looking for folk to talk about Ruby related stuff that they are interested in. If you'd like to present something, send an email to me or contact us on Twitter and we can work it out.

In the meantime, enjoy your Januaries, and happy hacking.

James