ScotRUG Lockdown Edition 6: Ractors in Ruby

James Bell

Feb 21, 2021, 6:09:45 PM2/21/21
to Scottish Ruby User Group
Greetings you excellent people!

Look at the lengthening days! Marvel at the unseasonably warm weather, and then worry about it a little bit. Still, something to brighten your day is the announcment of March's ScotRUG lockdown meetup. Noah Gibbs (of this parish) is going to be talking to us about one of the experimental features that came along with Ruby 3: Ractors.

If you haven't looked into them yet, they are a new concurrency primative in the language, providing an inbuilt actor model pattern. Want to know more? There's plenty more, let Noah show you the way.

So anyway, as usual it's the second Thursday of the month at 18:00. We'll announce the video conferencing link closer to the time, via our Meetup page. So that's:

11th March, 18:00

Hope to see some of you lovely people soon. First timers and long timers alike are welcome.

James