October Meetup?

James Bell

Oct 8, 2020, 9:13:59 AM10/8/20
to Scottish Ruby User Group
Hey you wonderful ScotRUG members,

You might be thinking to yourselves "it's the second Thursday in October? Where's the news about this month's meetup?". Or maybe "isn't it time for some introductory writing about how good the vegetables are this time of year, before launching into some obscure aspect of Ruby?".

Well, for the first time since I can remember, we're going to have a second consecutive month without a ScotRUG meetup this month. This is due to a mix of things, but importantly we're looking at how we can create a space for people to interact more often, more casually (y'know, if people are interested). We have a channel on FreeNode IRC that is very quiet, and a Gitter channel that is similarly quiet. Keeping things open source and not controlled by a commercial entity has always been important to us, but it's also important to go where the community is. If that means Discord or Slack, maybe that's what we end up with.

Anyway, next month we have a speaker lined up - more details on that and updates on the above soon.

Hope you're all doing as well as can be hoped, given the circumstances.

James (and Kevin)