[JOBS] Mid-level Software Engineer (and others)

James Bell

Mar 4, 2021, 12:21:13 PM3/4/21
to Scottish Ruby User Group
Hello everyone,

FreeAgent is currently looking for a few people to help us make small businesses happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances. We're a stable sized team of around 250, with around 150 in product and engineering based all around the UK, but with a strong mix of people in and around Edinburgh. Our office is there, empty, waiting for some of us to come back to when everything is safe again. We strongly believe in personal development, and are a collaborative bunch.

We run on a majestic monolith of Ruby on Rails which is running on the latest Rails version 6.2, and have recently completed a switch from running on our own infrastructure to running on Amazon's infrastructure. We're working on plenty of exciting problems including the changing face of tax submission and using Open Banking APIs to integrate our customers' finance experiences.

I joined FreeAgent...err..a while ago now (7 years?!?) as a mid level engineer, and have learned a bunch, made a difference to our customer's lives and enjoyed myself. So, if you're looking for something new, have a gander at our jobs page: https://www.freeagent.com/careers/

If you're interested in a role and have any questions about any of the jobs, send me an email.

If you represent an agency, we're not looking for agency partners right now.

Hope everything is going as well as it can, given the current circumstances.

James

James Bell

Mar 5, 2021, 4:23:37 AM3/5/21
to Scottish Ruby User Group
Oh hey, it turns out that Google Groups didn't provide my email address. So, it's james AT freeagent DOT com

James