Speakers

1 view

Paul Dragoonis

Jan 19, 2012, 12:43:23 PM1/19/12
to Scotland tech conference
Hey guys,

This thread is to discuss speakers, people willing.

I spoke to Helgi @ Orchestra and he's very positive on the conference
we're throwing.
He's happy to do a LAMP->Cloud talk like we discussed but also happy
to do whatever.

- Paul.

Juozas

Jan 19, 2012, 12:46:24 PM1/19/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Cool,

just a general rule - people who are organizing are not speaking.

I have an awesome lawyer-friend who could do a talk on law for
freelancers/contracts. Similar to the famous "Fuck you pay me". Not
directly about web, but freelancers in web industry are very common and
he could focus on web issues.

This and other suggestions I'm going to be adding to a wiki.

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

Jan 19, 2012, 12:48:54 PM1/19/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. What about "Rowan" he done a talk similar to this in
2011, either phpuk or phpnw. I'll look it up. It was very good,
talking about projects, budgeting, planning; It was suited for
freelancers, and employers and employees.

I'll ping him and see what's what.

did you speak to zuelke yet to see if he has flights booked yet or is
still planning to come? He could do his hadoop talk or a new topic
(REST?).

- Paul.

Juozas

Jan 19, 2012, 12:54:32 PM1/19/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
I haven't yet, but I will. He might want to be just an attendee :)

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

Jan 19, 2012, 12:57:19 PM1/19/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Agreed.

Best to have a list of potential and willing speakers then we can have
a CFP and vote easily.

lornajane

Jan 20, 2012, 3:33:33 PM1/20/12
to Scotland tech conference
I was supposed to be speaking at Open Source Scotland and would be
more than happy to bring something to add to the content at this
conference instead.

Lorna

Paul Dragoonis

Jan 20, 2012, 3:40:59 PM1/20/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Lorna,

We'll be in touch when things are more formulated, we have a venue,
and a CfP is setup too which is very close.

- Paul :-)