Progress

1 view

Juozas

Feb 4, 2012, 12:37:21 PM2/4/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we have email now, in...@whiskyweb.co.uk is active. As is my
juo...@whiskyweb.co.uk (with alias joe@). If you want one, and assuming
you are part of organizing things, ping me about that.

Website is being converted to HTML/CSS by Dale as we speak. It's going
to be hosted on github as it's just a static website. If you happen to
find things you don't like, just fork
https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website, hack a bit, send a pull
request (ideally against a feature branch) and I'll merge that. Once I
merge stuff upwards to gh-pages branch things become live on a website.
Simple.

Plan is to make website "live" on Monday. That's probably a date you
will be able to start talking about it more and link to website.

There is Edinburgh TechMeetup (http://techmeetup.co.uk/) happening on
Wednesday. I'm going to be there and announce it. So that date could be
marked as official announcement.

--
Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 5, 2012, 5:14:14 AM2/5/12
On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Juozas <juo...@juokaz.com> wrote:
Hi,

we have email now, in...@whiskyweb.co.uk is active. As is my juo...@whiskyweb.co.uk (with alias joe@). If you want one, and assuming you are part of organizing things, ping me about that.

Website is being converted to HTML/CSS by Dale as we speak. It's going to be hosted on github as it's just a static website. If you happen to find things you don't like, just fork https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website, hack a bit, send a pull request (ideally against a feature branch) and I'll merge that. Once I merge stuff upwards to gh-pages branch things become live on a website. Simple.

Look forward to Dale making the psd -> html version.

Plan is to make website "live" on Monday. That's probably a date you will be able to start talking about it more and link to website.

There is Edinburgh TechMeetup (http://techmeetup.co.uk/) happening on Wednesday. I'm going to be there and announce it. So that date could be marked as official announcement.

Let us know how this goes!

--
Juozas Kaziukėnas

Dale Harvey

Feb 5, 2012, 8:49:34 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Made quite a bit of a progress on the site, not entirely finished

its all on github, but theres a preview @ http://junk.arandomurl.com/

it fallbacks reasonably well on mobile devices, the particular font used in the mockup was not allowed to be used on the web, so I had to make some substitutions, it works fine on recent chrome / firefox / opera / safari on osx, ill test it on other platforms when I get the logo in there

Obviously the content needs to be worked out, I have been ignoring that

Juozas

Feb 5, 2012, 8:50:51 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

do you think it makes sense to merge what you did already so others could hack on something from that?

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Dale Harvey

Feb 5, 2012, 8:57:03 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Yeh I think so

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 5, 2012, 9:03:01 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please get it up on github so we can get stuff going.

Can i suggest you decrease the scroll time by half, it's just a bit jumpy.

Good work so far Dale!

- Paul.

Juozas

Feb 5, 2012, 9:03:55 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
It's merged now.

--
Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 5, 2012, 9:05:52 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
You mentioned about github hosting the code.
Do you still want me to host the website, I can have it auto-pull the repo every 10 minutes or something.
It's just a static site.

- Paul.

Juozas

Feb 5, 2012, 9:07:37 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Well because it's just a static website we don't need anything complicated, thus github is fine. Saves us setting up servers, pulling of github, testing that etc. I just point to github repo and that's done.

Everyone, please feel free to fork from https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website.

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 5, 2012, 9:08:20 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
I didn't think you could have an actual domain name point against a github repo.
That's cool!

Juozas

Feb 5, 2012, 9:09:36 AM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
You can http://pages.github.com/ ;)

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Juozas

Feb 5, 2012, 9:30:00 PM2/5/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
There was some good progress today and we should push to finish this asap.

There is a live github page at http://webspecies.github.com/whiskyweb-website/, as soon as I merge your pull request it becomes visible there. So that's the place you can check for latest merged changes.

Some things I pushed recently are not perfect, but I will tweak them tomorrow.

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 5, 2012, 9:39:06 PM2/5/12
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:30 AM, Juozas <juo...@juokaz.com> wrote:
There was some good progress today and we should push to finish this asap.

CFP app progress was insane i spent about 5 hours on it.

There is a live github page at http://webspecies.github.com/whiskyweb-website/, as soon as I merge your pull request it becomes visible there. So that's the place you can check for latest merged changes.

Lookin hot !

Good job on the what is whiskey web content.

We need to put down somewhere the small details of things that are perhaps being proposed on hackpad such as whiskey tasting and potential music (band || bagpipes)

Some things I pushed recently are not perfect, but I will tweak them tomorrow.

I got some improvements to make, but i'm doing CfP right now.

- Paul.

lornajane

Feb 6, 2012, 3:46:53 AM2/6/12
to Scotland tech conference
I just wanted to say how impressed I am to see so much excellent work
going on and the event taking shape - and I'm sure I'm not the only
one. Thanks to everyone who is working so hard on this, please shout
if you need any help.

Regards

Lorna

On Feb 6, 2:39 am, Paul Dragoonis <dragoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:30 AM, Juozas <juo...@juokaz.com> wrote:
> > **
> > There was some good progress today and we should push to finish this asap.
>
> CFP app progress was insane i spent about 5 hours on it.
>

> > There is a live github page at
> >http://webspecies.github.com/whiskyweb-website/, as soon as I merge your
> > pull request it becomes visible there. So that's the place you can check
> > for latest merged changes.
>
> Lookin hot !
>
> Good job on the what is whiskey web content.
>
> We need to put down somewhere the small details of things that are perhaps
> being proposed on hackpad such as whiskey tasting and potential music (band
> || bagpipes)
>

> > Some things I pushed recently are not perfect, but I will tweak them
> > tomorrow.
>
> I got some improvements to make, but i'm doing CfP right now.
>
> - Paul.
>

> > Juozas Kaziukėnas
>
> > On 05/02/12 14:09, Juozas wrote:
>
> > You canhttp://pages.github.com/;)
>
> > Juozas Kaziukėnas
>
> > On 05/02/12 14:08, Paul Dragoonis wrote:
>
> > I didn't think you could have an actual domain name point against a github
> > repo.
> > That's cool!
>
> > On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Juozas <juo...@juokaz.com> wrote:
>
> >>  Well because it's just a static website we don't need anything
> >> complicated, thus github is fine. Saves us setting up servers, pulling of
> >> github, testing that etc. I just point to github repo and that's done.
>
> >> Everyone, please feel free to fork from
> >>https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website.
>
> >> Juozas Kaziukėnas
>
> >> On 05/02/12 14:05, Paul Dragoonis wrote:
>
> >> You mentioned about github hosting the code.
> >> Do you still want me to host the website, I can have it auto-pull the
> >> repo every 10 minutes or something.
> >> It's just a static site.
>
> >>  - Paul.

Juozas

Feb 6, 2012, 9:43:42 AM2/6/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lorna,

thanks, we are trying hard!

We are using GitHub issues to write down what's missing from the website
https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website/issues?milestone=&sort=created&direction=desc&state=open
<https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website/issues?milestone=&sort=created&direction=desc&state=open>,
so everyone please feel free to jump in :)

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Juozas

Feb 6, 2012, 8:32:22 PM2/6/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Website received some substantial improvements throughout the day. Feel
free to jump on and fix whatever you thing needs fixing :)

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 7, 2012, 10:05:14 PM2/7/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Made awesome progress today on CFP.
Committed and deployed to http://cfp.whiskyweb.co.uk

Happy for a functional test, although theres some UI bits and bobs I
want to do tomorrow to really polish things off.

I noticed Max and Derick signed up already but the 'talk'
functionality wasn't pushed yet, so that's now available.

Thanks.
- Paul.