Informatics

Aaron Bassett

Feb 10, 2012, 5:14:51 AM2/10/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Just to keep everyone updated, I met with Danny from informatics about the use of the forum. They have a problem with hosting charged events there due to their tax/VAT status. He is trying to find a work-around for us, but it's not looking hopeful.

Might need to look for somewhere else. I've already begun asking around but if anyone has any ideas that'd be great.

cheers

Aaron

Aaron Bassett
Senior Developer

E: aa...@thisislevelup.com
W: www.thisislevelup.com
T: 0141 333 6577
@: www.twitter.com/thisislvlup

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 10, 2012, 5:24:21 AM2/10/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
What if we don't charge for the second day and just charge 50 for day 1.

Then the hackathon event wouldn't be charged.

Is that a possible workaround?

Aaron Bassett

Feb 10, 2012, 5:29:36 AM2/10/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
That was my first suggestion to him :)

Apparently the Touring festival tried the same approach but because part of the festival was charged none of it could be held at the forum, even if that part was free. Could still possibly cause them legal problems, so they'd rather be safe than sorry, which is fair enough.

I've messages a few people who help run different events around Edinburgh. So far the only possible suggestion is http://www.outoftheblue.org.uk/ but I think we might have power/wifi issues. List of available spaces/costs - http://www.2outoftheblue.org.uk/Meeting%20Facilities%20OOTB.pdf

cheers

Aaron

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 10, 2012, 5:41:57 AM2/10/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I just thought.

You know how on open source scotland their sponsors were edinburgh science festival?

We should contact them to see if we can have them as sponsors, perhaps they could donate the facilities for the hackathon day, or put in funds for it..

Thoughts?

Joe? Michael? Others?..