TODO

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Juozas

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 1:26:33 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

brief list of things we need to resolve:
1. 2nd day venue
2. Projector+screen for main hall
3. Lanyards+badges for everyone
4. WiFi for both days
5. Spread the word about CFP to Python and Ruby communities, now it's
too much PHP folk
6. Get more sponsors on board. I'm talking to a few
7. Finish and launch hotels' information page

Nice to have
1. Video hw to record all talks
2. Assuming we get a dedicated line for internet, streaming event live
3. Music

If anything is missing let me know.

--
Juozas Kaziukėnas

Dougal Matthews

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 1:30:00 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
> 5. Spread the word about CFP to Python and Ruby communities, now it's
> too much PHP folk

Was this announced already? If so I'll copy the announcement to
various (mostly Python) people and mailing lists that would be relevant.

Juozas

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 1:30:51 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Together with a launched website :) It's under cfp.whiskyweb.co.uk,
there is a link from the homepage too.

Thanks a ton!

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Dougal Matthews

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 1:32:34 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
> Together with a launched website :) It's under cfp.whiskyweb.co.uk (http://web.co.uk),
> there is a link from the homepage too.

Gotcha, sorry I missed that website update. Will send it out shortly.

Juozas

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 1:34:16 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Actually it shows that it's not clear enough :)

It's right there and in speakers section :



Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 1:36:43 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Juozas <juo...@juokaz.com> wrote:
Hi,

brief list of things we need to resolve:
1. 2nd day venue
2. Projector+screen for main hall

I'll contact a few people.
 
3. Lanyards+badges for everyone
4. WiFi for both days

I've made good progress on this and expecting callbacks tomorrow 

 
5. Spread the word about CFP to Python and Ruby communities, now it's too much PHP fol
6. Get more sponsors on board. I'm talking to a few

Apart from the Mashery sponsor i forwarded on today I don't have any more at this time but i'll keep an eye out.
 
7. Finish and launch hotels' information page

Nice to have
1. Video hw to record all talks

I heard Michael was speaking to his work about this, what's the update on this ?
 
2. Assuming we get a dedicated line for internet, streaming event live
3. Music

I believe Max was speaking to Edinburgh Council on permission for this, we'll also need to contact a pipe band or something to hire a piper. I have no experience in this.
 

If anything is missing let me know.

What companies were used for other UK conferences, phpnw and phpuk, we could potentially contact them.

- Paul.
 


--
Juozas Kaziukėnas


Juozas

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 1:40:04 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
I'm actually going to setup a Trello for this.

Some comments below

Juozas Kaziukėnas

On 12/02/12 18:36, Paul Dragoonis wrote:


On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Juozas <juo...@juokaz.com> wrote:
Hi,

brief list of things we need to resolve:
1. 2nd day venue
2. Projector+screen for main hall

I'll contact a few people.
 
3. Lanyards+badges for everyone
4. WiFi for both days

I've made good progress on this and expecting callbacks tomorrow 

 
5. Spread the word about CFP to Python and Ruby communities, now it's too much PHP fol
6. Get more sponsors on board. I'm talking to a few

Apart from the Mashery sponsor i forwarded on today I don't have any more at this time but i'll keep an eye out.
 
7. Finish and launch hotels' information page

Nice to have
1. Video hw to record all talks

I heard Michael was speaking to his work about this, what's the update on this ?
 
2. Assuming we get a dedicated line for internet, streaming event live
3. Music

I believe Max was speaking to Edinburgh Council on permission for this, we'll also need to contact a pipe band or something to hire a piper. I have no experience in this.
Pretty much everyone told me not to do pipes outside :) We might as well just look for some music project or even audio/visual project to do some cool stuff inside.

 

If anything is missing let me know.

What companies were used for other UK conferences, phpnw and phpuk, we could potentially contact them.
Used for what?

Paul Dragoonis

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 1:52:35 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Comments inline (bottom)

Oh well, I was looking quite forward to that. Is there an any kind of "edinburgh music project" or whatnot? Max, you live in edinburgh, any thoughts?

 

 

If anything is missing let me know.

What companies were used for other UK conferences, phpnw and phpuk, we could potentially contact them.
Used for what?

Sorry I forgot to mention the obvious, it was in reference to badges, or accessories for the conf (wristbands or whatnot)

lornajane

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 2:31:24 PM2/12/12
to Scotland tech conference
I can talk to the other PHPNW organisers and get you information about
our companies and costs for the badges, lanyards and so on, I'll come
back to you on that. Is there any other information we would have
that would help you at this point?

Lorna


On Feb 12, 6:52 pm, Paul Dragoonis <dragoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Comments inline (bottom)
>
>
>
>
>
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Juozas <juo...@juokaz.com> wrote:
> > **

Juozas

unread,
Feb 12, 2012, 7:37:09 PM2/12/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lorna,

I had a chat with Jeremy before about this, but exact companies and
prices would help. We are scouting local, but Manchester and surrounding
areas are not that far too (thinking logistics here).

everyone - there are a few issues left open
https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website/issues?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open
<https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website/issues?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open>.
It's especially important to figure out why mobile browsers get white bg
thus making everything unreadable.

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paolo Ciarrocca

unread,
Feb 13, 2012, 4:21:28 AM2/13/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
If we want to go down the audio/visual root it might be worth getting
in touch with the guys at Lucky Frame http://www.luckyframe.co.uk/
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages