So Web species is doing this all by himself? ;)

Aaron Bassett

Feb 9, 2012, 10:55:31 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Just had a look at the site and it looks awesome, very well done to everyone involved.

My only comment would be the "organiser Web Species" promos. Now don't take this the wrong way, I met Juozas last night and he seems like a really nice bloke and it probably isn't intentional, but it seems like other people's input is being sidelined. For example Dale, Paul and Max. Doing a `git blame` on the site index shows that they've done a huge amount of work and the only time Juozas has touched the code is to add promos for Web Species.

I'm not detracting from any of the work Juozas has put in, as I know it is substantial and I very much appreciate it, as will I'm sure everyone who attends. But lets not forget the others who have also given of their time and expertise. Perhaps it would be more appropriate to leave the sponsor slots for paid sponsors only, and add a credits/thanks section where each contributor can be equally recognised?

cheers

Aaron

Aaron Bassett
Senior Developer

E: aa...@thisislevelup.com
W: www.thisislevelup.com
T: 0141 333 6577
@: www.twitter.com/thisislvlup

Juozas

Feb 9, 2012, 10:56:21 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
We have a patch now https://github.com/webspecies/whiskyweb-website/pull/42
Juozas Kaziukėnas

Aaron Bassett

Feb 9, 2012, 10:57:00 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
You guys do work fast ;)

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 9, 2012, 10:59:52 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
We are the bees knees ! ;-)

Juozas

Feb 9, 2012, 10:59:57 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, from your email it took us 5 seconds to do this :)

In long reply, there was never intention for me to promote myself or my business. It just that I sign all the contracts and I'm financially responsible for this not to go bust, thus that's the official legal body running this. Even when we added the logo a few days ago we talked that we need to add organized section but didn't had time to do this.

We did this this morning and it will be live later today :)

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Aaron Bassett

Feb 9, 2012, 11:01:18 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Cool, yeah I didn't think it was intentional and guessed it was just an over-sight. Glad to see it was already being taken care of. Nicely done.

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 9, 2012, 11:05:02 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Good open, healthy discussion. +1 :-)

Juozas

Feb 9, 2012, 11:09:12 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Website with The team bar is live.

We can add everyone who feels they should be there. Send me a your pic
and twitter handle.

Or if you have any other suggestions to the website, open github issue
or email here.

Juozas Kaziukėnas

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 9, 2012, 11:13:23 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
I like the new bar.

May I recommend that we hide this in the CSS and then have the
javascript make it visible.

The reason i say this is because while assets are loading, CSS,
Images, Javascript "The Team" thing was messed up at the top of the
side, I had to refresh again for it to load properly and stick to the
side.

Happy to do this change if nobody is volunteering.

- Paul.

Paul Dragoonis

Feb 9, 2012, 11:14:01 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Typo fix:

"top of the side" = "top of the site"

- Paul.

Juozas

Feb 9, 2012, 11:14:09 AM2/9/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
There were some issues reported by Dale too, you guys should fix this :)

Juozas Kaziukėnas