Music performance

Juozas

Feb 6, 2012, 7:39:28 PM2/6/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there were discussions about getting some music in to the conference. I
think we should go for it.

Possible ideas:
1. Bag pipes. Playing outside greeting our guests. Playing before keynotes.
2. A band/solo. Playing before keynotes, during lunch.

Something to make it more fun and exceptional. Ideas?

--
Juozas Kaziukėnas

Max Manders

Feb 7, 2012, 3:58:46 AM2/7/12
On 07/02/12 00:39, Juozas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there were discussions about getting some music in to the conference. I
> think we should go for it.
>
> Possible ideas:
> 1. Bag pipes. Playing outside greeting our guests. Playing before keynotes.
That could get quite expensive. Pipers typically/understandably charge
quite a lot. The rough guide I got from somebody in the business was in
the region of £50-£100 to play delegates in to the venue in the morning.
If we wanted the Piper to hang around for the keynotes, this would be
more...

> 2. A band/solo. Playing before keynotes, during lunch.
>
> Something to make it more fun and exceptional. Ideas?

--
Max Manders
w: http://maxmanders.co.uk
e: m...@maxmanders.co.uk
t: +44 (0) 7866 797 983

Aaron Bassett

Feb 7, 2012, 4:37:03 AM2/7/12
to scotland-tec...@googlegroups.com
What about speaking to Radio Magnetic about sourcing local bands? Maybe even get them to sponsor it?

Aaron Bassett
Senior Developer

E: aa...@thisislevelup.com
W: www.thisislevelup.com