So long and thanks for all the fish

Paul Cowan

Dec 9, 2009, 5:17:32 AM12/9/09
to scotalt.net
Hi,

I posted on the Scotalt.net events user group yesterday with a talk
proposal and then found out that I am being moderated.

I then find out that a day later that nobody could even be bothered to
write a "sounds good" or "we have no free slots at the moment".

I find this highly insulting considering I started the first alt.net
in Scotland.

Also if you cannot be bothered to put a one line answer to somebody
who is proposing a talk then good luck to you or perhaps only Chris
and James do talks now.

For what it is worth, I am withdrawing my support for this group.

If anybody is interested in a more Glasgow only focused group then
ping me at dag...@scotalt.net.

Cheers and good luck

Paul

Colin Mackay

Dec 9, 2009, 5:27:43 AM12/9/09
to scota...@googlegroups.com, dag...@scotalt.net
Hi Paul,

I wasn't aware there was a separate events group, so I didn't see your message as it didn't appear here.

I am interested in talks either for Scottish Developers or for DDD Scotland, so if you are still willing to do a talk then email me at co...@scottishdevelopers.com or feel free to submit it to DDD Scotland (assuming it isn't the one you've already submitted - which does sound like a very interesting session)

Regards,
Colin.

2009/12/9 Paul Cowan <dag...@scotalt.net>

Website: http://www.colinmackay.net
Blog: http://blog.colinmackay.net

Chris Canal

Dec 9, 2009, 5:38:17 AM12/9/09
to scota...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

What group did you post too?  I just checked the moderation stuff for this group and there are two spam emails, which throws an error when I try to mark the as spam.  There is nothing in the moderation queue for the other list that Mike started (http://groups.google.com/group/scotaltnet-discuss).  As a verified user your posts shouldn't be moderated.  Did you get an email saying so?  Can you forward it?  Can you also provide a link to the post of the group?  I can't seem to find anything on either list

Cheers

Chris

"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand."
-Martin Fowler et al, Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code

Chris Canal

Dec 9, 2009, 6:00:27 AM12/9/09
to scota...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh crap, I found it!  It appears you emailed directly to eve...@scotalt.net, which I didn't get a chance to check yesterday due to being busy in work and not having any means of checking email on the move.  My bad!

I'm really sorry for the delay, and of course you can get the next free slot, hell I asked if you wanted to give a Rails for the .Net Guy talk :)

If you still want to, the next Glasgow slot is 4th Febuary

Cheers and sorry again :)

Chris

Paul Cowan

Dec 9, 2009, 6:05:10 AM12/9/09
to scota...@googlegroups.com
>>  !  It appears you emailed directly to eve...@scotalt.net, which I didn't get a chance to check

HAHAHAHA.

You will have to forgive me, I am from Belfast.

We have general issues with the most things in the world :-).

I throw my mercy on the court and ask for my opening remarks to be struck from the record.

Put me down for the 4th of February with the provision that the talk will be spoken in the tongue of my home land, namely in Irish Gaelic.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Chris Canal

Dec 9, 2009, 6:08:25 AM12/9/09
to scota...@googlegroups.com
No problem,  confirming the venue soon and I will get all the details posted, want me to use the same blurb as Developer Day Scotland? :)

If its not in Gaelic, your buying the beers :P

Paul Cowan

Dec 9, 2009, 6:11:52 AM12/9/09
to scota...@googlegroups.com
I think I am definitely buying the beers after this one!!

Colin Jack

Dec 11, 2009, 5:53:49 AM12/11/09
to scotalt.net
> I find this highly insulting considering I started the first alt.net
> in Scotland.

Huh?

Paul Cowan

Dec 11, 2009, 6:08:43 AM12/11/09
to scota...@googlegroups.com
>> Huh?

I started the group that evolved into this.

2009/12/11 Colin Jack <colin...@gmail.com>
> I find this highly insulting considering I started the first alt.net
> in Scotland.

Huh?